Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $15 reward: new 3GS 3.1.3 (spirit) upgrade to 4

Default $15 reward: new 3GS 3.1.3 (spirit) upgrade to 4
    I was one of the dummies that used Spirit on my 3GS to get to 3.1.3. Im also relatively sure I have the new bootrom but I cant find a way to determine whether that's the case via Googling. I just know it's a new 3GS that was purchased in June. Does that mean new bootrom?

REWARD: If you will help me get to 4.0 I will Paypal you $15. This offer extends to the 1st person to give me an easy to follow method to get from where I am to 4.0 or 4.01. As soon as I have one good email, and a second (in case the first guy's method doesn't work) I will post here to stop sending emails so you don't waste your time. If you simply point me at an easy to follow, foolproof tutorial the reward is $10. I've googled and googled and without knowing whether I have the new bootrom etc. I cant figure out whether to trust one method or another. Backup my SSB files? Huh?

I'm an IT Pro but I haven't much kept up with the Jailbreak scene so bootroms and backing up crucial firmware files? Newp - no idea. But I'm quite capable with SSH, file system, etc. And the basics of a jailbreak.

Email me at GOINGAPE AT GMAIL DOT COM

-Craig

Thanks in advance, friend. And I'm good for the money. You can find me at my website The Famous Boot. I'm a real person.
    Last edited by myboot; 2010-08-22 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Subscribe

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

im not in it for the money. I just wanted to tell you if you dont have your SHSHs saved for 4.0 or 4.0.1 then youll have to stay at 3.1.3 for now. You wont be able to restore to anything but 4.0.2 which cannot be jailbroken on a 3GS at this time.

Thanks much for the reply. But what does "if you dont have your SHSHs saved for 4.0 or 4.0.1" mean? Are you saying that if I didnt back up my SHSHs files before the Spirit JB to 3.1.3 then Im up sh&t creek at this point in time?

Id like to get to 4.0 but frankly I can do everything 4.0 can on my JB 3.1.3. Categories, Backgrounder etc.

4.0 just looks so much slicker.

Thanks for your reply

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It means if you didnt grab your SHSHs before, you cant get them anymore now. That means you cant restore youll be forced up to 4.0.2. So all you can do is stay on 3.1.3.