Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0.2 App

Default Firmware 4.0.2 App
    Hi,is anyone know the cydia *Firmware 4.0.2 App*(fake baseband).Coz I had installed and it crashes my iPhone 3GS and even now I uninstall,it still crashes my device when I trying to login to *Setting App* on my device!!! So now I can't install back the Fake.baseband App or get rid of the fake baseband 4.02 on my device,worst still I can't even install the PDF patch(App),! So is anyone out there can help,I really lost now and struck in Safe Mode... Pls help! Anyone pls!
    Thank you!

Yes.. NEED HELP.. updated vwallpaper.. then it uninstalled this 4.0.2 fake app and my backgrounder.. then left me with it in 4.0.2.. NOW I CANT FIND IT fake firmware appp>. so i can go back to 4.0.1 ans reinstall those app.. but it wont because it says im still in 4.0.2!!

HELP HELP!!

same here dude.
    i didn't install the 4.0.2 but i was trieing to jailbreack a 4.0.1 and itunes doesn't wanna put the custom 4.0.1 firmware back.i don't understand why!and it doesn't wanna install also the original apple 4.0.1...
    i'm going crazy

now its seems the umbrella backup insnt working.. doesnt show my device name in it.. calls my iphone a idevice.. instead of iphone4g??

Out of a sudden, my jailbreak gone!
    Why??? How???
    (Juz bcos of that stupid fake baseband in Cydia (Firmware 4.0.2 App))

Green Apple
    Thanks

dunno if this will help
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/724...ml#post5402489
    as i see it all the app did was automatically edit the version plist, this manual edit may help

Well. .. to follow up.. i restored to 4.0.1 Successfully and restored from back up and now all is well.. re.Jb'd and off and running..I must stress if you restore and saved your shsh Ok.. then remember to DOWNLOaD a NEW 4.0.1 version restore firmware.. DO NOT USE THE ONE SAVED ALEADY IN YOUR PC... thanks guys for the info also..any ?... PM me...

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Lesson:

Read before you install something...

It says at the end of the package description:

"This app has been known to cause problems! Use at your own risk"

haha--- read yes...LIVE AND LEARN!! yes
    I have JailBroke 2G,3G,3GS,4 and 4S,and iPad and now iPad 2 !Whats Next?