Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari Crashes After Download

Default Safari Crashes After Download
    Hey guys! I'm new to this whole jailbreaking world and I'm happy there is a way to do it but I have a problem. When I go to jailbreakme.com or jailbreakme.modyi.com, I slide the bar and after the download, safari crashes and the sit tight popup briefly shows before the crash. I've read where the servers are bogged down but I've also read it wasn't that. I had 4.0.0 last night and was successful but I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.1 but from what I've seen, that doesn't matter.

Anybody else having these issues or anyone know how to avoid this? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

any input?

any ideas or input?
    Last edited by iPhoneNovice303; 2010-08-03 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im having the same problem. Downloads the file then briefly see "sit tight" and then safari closes. I'm on iPhone 4 with 4.0.1

Man this sucks!! I have been waiting for this since I upgraded to 3.1.3 like a jackass. Hopefully it will be all good soon.

Default Same Problem Here
    Any advice would be appreciated!!!!

Default Problem Solved
    OK...I got it to work on the first attempt after I did this. I reset my phone to how it was when I bought it but I synced with iTunes first. Then I went to jailbreakme.modymyi.com and after the download, I resynced my phone to how it was before the jailbreak.

I hope this works for other people.

It worked!!! Thanks, i love you, man!!!!