Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If I'm Right.....

Default If I'm Right.....
    If I'm right then i have two different choices for jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS ON 4.0 with new bootrom:

-Downgrade to 3.1.2, redsn0w, then pwn with Sn0wbreeze up to 4.0 (i know that i'd have to download 3.1.2 then restore down to it, then download 4.0 and customize it. But would i save the SHSH files for my current 4.0? How does this tethered jailbreak work, i.e. when you turn the device off what happens, does it wipe itself clean and you have to jack in to a cpu to turn it on and do a re jailbreak, or does it keep everything on it and you just have to jack in)

-Wait for the userland jailbreak, which could in fact be a hoax. I used spirit on 3.1.3 and it went fine, but i couldn't download somethings from cydia (like all sources, and the xselize repo) and the screen would get stuck on "Updating Packages" and i'd have to reboot.

I'd like to do sn0wbreeze, but dont know if i can. Plus what if it gets stuck on "Updating Packages" again and i have to turn it off, and re jailbreak it. (its a pretty long process that ih8 snow has posted on the forum)

It'd be great to get expert advice, as you can see imma very cautious noob that likes the one-click jailbreaks like Spirit

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here's an updated guide that uses the new sn0wbreeze that jailbreaks the new bootrom 3gs.

Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 New Bootrom with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

Teathered just means when/if your phone dies or has to be restarted to have to plug it into a computer and run the jailbreak program. It doesn't take long and is really just a little bit of an inconvience more than anything. You'll still have all your jb stuff.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

This jailbreak starts on 3.1.2. Do i just downgrade to that?

Ok, im officially off my ***. I saw the update for 1.6.1 (that means theat 1.7should have it) it says i can keep 4.0 so i only have to restore once, thanks. But should i still save shsh files for my 4.0
    Last edited by EqualNone; 2010-07-19 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Its a good idea to save your 4.0 just incase. Once you jailbreak you will be able to easily do it through cydia.

Alrighty then, but would i have to restore it or just use iboot

Whenever i turned it off

Whenever i turned it off
    Last edited by EqualNone; 2010-07-20 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just use iboot