Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and unlocking 3Gs iOS 4 - error using sn0wbreeze

Exclamation Jailbreak and unlocking 3Gs iOS 4 - error using sn0wbreeze
    I have an Iphone 3Gs with old bootrom on iOS 4 official firmware on 05.13.04 on windows 7

I used sn0wBreeze 1.7 and created the firmware

when I click (shift) restore to the custom firm it gave the error 1604.
    So i figured may be since I am on the official firmware ios 4 that Sn0wbreeze cannot jailbreak it.

I am now downloading 3.1.3 and Sn0wbreeze 1.5.1 so I can load 3.1.3 and jailbreak it then run the iOS 4 and then jailbreak it again and then finally unlock it

is this the way to do it or is there a simpler way.

please help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unless your phone was jailbroke on 3.1.2 or lower and you saved your shsh blobs through cydia you can't go back to 3.1.2 and jailbreak so you can't jailbreak iOS 4. If you can go back to 3.1.3 but not 3.1.2 then you can use Spirit to jailbreak your phone and then ultrasn0w to unlock it.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Can I downgrade to 3.1.3 jailbreak and then use snowbreeze to load custom firmware Ios 4?

You can downgrade ONLY if you saved shsh with 3.1.3! If you upgraded to 4.0 and didn't save shsh with older firmware you stocked until JB come out for 4.0
    Do Not load OS 4.0 to 3GS unless u want to have expensive ipod!

hi my shsh saved as IPOD why!!!

help plz... bought an iphone 3gs... it came with 4.0... how do I jailbreak and unlock? I have the old bootrom. sn0wbreeze gave me error 1604 ro something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nosmoko View Post
    help plz... bought an iphone 3gs... it came with 4.0... how do I jailbreak and unlock? I have the old bootrom. sn0wbreeze gave me error 1604 ro something
    ianbroste already answered your question. Go back to #2 in this thread and re-read his post.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

I'm not 100% sure, but if you were jailbroken already and messed up with a custom restore, you should be able to restore with custom firmware back to whichever version of the firmware you want. Couldn't the original poster shift restore with custom firmware to 3.1.3 whether he had SHSH on file on not?