Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck at APPLE logo...And I'm sweating already...

Default Stuck at APPLE logo...And I'm sweating already...
    First off this is not my phone, I know the rules of not upgrading so quickly so on and so forth...but just like GEOhot said earlier today, the JB scene became too easy where everybody thought they were a pro. Regardless, heres my story. My friends original 3Gs, 16GB non-mc model iphone is stuck at the apple loading screen. I originally jailbroke this back on 3.1.2 and if I'm not mistaken his shsh blobs are on file. Of course 3.1.3 and everyone was excited for a small update, and of course he upgraded and locked the phone. He eventually used Spirit to jailbreak his 3.1.3 as well like a rookie. Long story short, I know it's wrong if you try to update to non-pwned 4.0 from a SPIRIT jailbroken device your phone will be stuck in a loop.....well that's where I am. I've searched forums here and google and everyone seems to be mentioning this iRecovery tool but I can't get any of the guides to work. It's become so much to keep up with now if blobs are on file, what model number, what baseband, what version of windows was used blah blah blah that all the guides start becoming overkill. I'm sure someone in this site has made this mistake too.....I'm just asking for pointers on how to at least get this phone into recovery mode to i can try to pwn it. BTW, I know it's significant but the iphone doesn't pass the apple loading screen and it's not recognized by iTunes either in a PC or MAC. Thanks guys.

Beuller.....Beuller.....Beuller
    Last edited by giancarlo; 2010-07-13 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i catch your pain, cause i did the exact same thing. iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 32gb has been bricked at apple logo for two days. Its been through two IT divisions (my job's and my mom's) nobody knows then i made an appointment with apple for today in 5 hours (suspense killing).

If your friend still has his warranty he can take it into apple (rarely on a walk-in, i suggest you call ahead and schedule an appointment). If he takes it in and they get it to boot up and they see its jailbroken (he just got a lucky break), if they give him a new one he's even luckier (just no contacts, unless u backed up)

if he doesnt have a warranty, just take your lumps and buy him a new one, the 32 gbs 3gs cost $200 (16 gb has to be lower)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Geowhat?

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Geowhat?
    Old thread, but GeoHot=George Hotz, the first guy to unlock an iPhone.

hold on/off button and home together till device turns off then make sure iphone is disconnected from computer then hold the home button down and plug in the usb cord and keep holding the homebutton till the phone goes into recovery