Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone/ipod touch's OS 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation How to Jailbreak iPhone/ipod touch's OS 4.0
    surprised?? shocked?? you dont need to be after a new update by redsn0w you can now jailbreak 4.0 software and the even better thing if you have a 3g you can make it do 3gs things such as multi-tasking and the background on the main screen if ya get what i meen.
    all you do is:
    1.click on ever of the mirrors bellow
    windows:
    mirrors:

mac:
    mirrors:

then all you do is open it up....
    go to itunes and restore your iphone or ipod touch if you havent already...
    now to find the OS 4.0...
    to do this go to
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates.
    mine was in a folder called roaming before apple computer just look around in the app data or the apple computer youll find it in there....
    now open up redsn0w and run it now click browse and find your os 4.0 update.
    then it should say correct ipsw or something allong the lines of that.
    after that there are a few things you can click but if i was you i would leeve it and dont click verbose boot because if you turn the iphone or ipod touch of afterwards the cydia app is uninstalled so basically its like a tethered jailbreak.
    if you dont click verbose it is ok and your cydia will stay on there perminantly.
    now just click next.
    now just follow the instructions on screen and wait for the iphone or ipod touch to restart before clicking finish on the redsn0w and now when your iphone has fully re-started (at the slide to unlock screen) you can close down redsn0w and slide to unlock you will now find that you have cydia (a jailbroken 3rd party app) and you will also be able to multi-task and show your battery percentage.
    if this was the simplest jailbreak ever thank me or if you just liked the jailbreak and love me now thank me....
    and trust me it does work so i dont want any fools saying oh it doesnt work your a nub blahdiblah because it does work. see yahall laterz
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-15 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Removed links for safety

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ipwntheiphone For This Useful Post:

1034 (2010-07-24)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you browsed through our Guides section? It would have saved you a lot of typing

Default windows 7
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates.
    how do i find this in windows 7, i cant find it?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to set your computer to show hidden folders

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You have to set your computer to show hidden folders
    yeh hes right lol beet me to it

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Have you browsed through our Guides section? It would have saved you a lot of typing
    yeh but its a really complicated buide that one plus it doesnt tell you where to find the 4.0 software
    Last edited by ipwntheiphone; 2010-07-13 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried this but it didnt work for my 3GS