Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Internet not working after upgrade to iOS 4.0

Default Internet not working after upgrade to iOS 4.0
    I know there are a lot of issues with this and people have posted a work around, but I have heard it is not fixing the MMS not coming in. I do not need instructions on the iphone config utility if that is all that is currently available. Does anyone yet know a way to get the internet working with MMS functions as well. My phone is currently not JB, but I heard this is only happening from people that updated from a jailbroken phone.

Thanks for the info,

same here i updated from a jailbroken 3gs running 3.1.2 and now the internet is not working...?

From what I read, all is fixed when you do a fresh restore. Seems to be the fix for the here and now. Did both of you select "Check for Update" when you upgraded your software or "Restore"? When I installed mine I had downloaded the ipsw file and restored from the file. And last, DO NOT restore from a previous backup from your prior firmware. It all has to be fresh. I have a 32GB 3G[S]. It was JB on 3.1.3 using Spirit.
    Last edited by matte119; 2010-06-23 at 06:12 AM.

I too seem to have the same problem.

I have an iPhone 3G, 16GB. Couple of days ago I downloaded the ipsw file and restored to iOS4, jailbreak using redsn0w 9.5 beta, unlocked using ultrasn0w 0.93, and setup as a new iPhone in iTunes. And I don't have internet or MMS now. In Setting - General - Netwrok there is no option for internet or MMS setting.

So how do I setup the internet or MMS?

Hey Guys!
    I had the same problem, and the only way I could fix it was to take it back to apple where they replaced my phone.
    If your internet is not working, and you can not get picture messaging, then this is probably your best option.

Once you get your phone replace, I would suggest not going back to 4.0.

yeah I just notice that I wanted to send a pic to a friend and I notice that I dont have the option to send a pic..and for some reason now my internet does not work. I looked online and it send to try to do a rest network settings which I did and now it does not work so now Im doing a restore Im hopping it will fix I had 3.1.3 and did update to 4.0 and then did the jb from redsn0w and I see there is the new version of 4.1 I have 4.0 saved and was thinking of restoring that and re jb..Any one having the same issue and what have you done..? thanks

Did you guys try unlockit.co.nz to create apn settings profile?