Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking 3.1.3

Default unlocking 3.1.3
    my daughters dad gave her an iphone for her birthday that uses version 3.1.3 (7E18) and modem firmware 05.12.01 i need to get it unlocked so she can use it with her sim card. Someone please help me i have a heartbroken little girl. i have read several pages on this an i am CONFUSED and have been told you can Jailbrake it but no unlock it? Will someone please clarify and if this can be done please tell me how.

Thanks
    blondeshot

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Phone can be jailbroken, but at the present time there is no Unlock available for 3.1.3, sorry just need to wait like the rest of us.

Didn't the new iPone come with a sim card?

ok i now have and iphone that will make and rec calls. When i put m sim card in it it says connect to itunes. connect it to itunes and it says sim is not supported. It does not let me go to the menu or anythign...if i take out the sim card and dial *3001#123456#* it gives me one option
    GSM Cell Enviroment? any ideas... my daughter wants to use this phone to text on and use the apps... but i dont know whaat is wrong with it ... i cant even figure out the firmware on it?? i think it is version 1 but i am not sure.

What sort of iPhone is it? 2G? 3G? 3GS?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I think 2g it is silver on the back with black on the bottom the firmware is 04.05.04_g version 3.1.3(7E18)

Use RedSn0w (see http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rs9 )to JB and unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blondeshot View Post
    I think 2g it is silver on the back with black on the bottom the firmware is 04.05.04_g version 3.1.3(7E18)
    Dowload Redsn0w 0.9.4, download 2G (3.1.2 ipsw), download BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 .
    Run Redsn0w, it is all self explainatory, you can jailbreak and unlock your 2G.

Read this link : How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

You will be making your daughter really happy......