Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit + previously jb'd iPhone 3Gs, restored to 3.1.3?

Default Spirit + previously jb'd iPhone 3Gs, restored to 3.1.3?
    Not sure if that subject makes sense... my 3Gs was previously jailbroken (with BlackRa1n), and for whatever reason I ended up restoring to 3.1.3 (dumb dumb dumb, I curse myself every day for doing it).

I'm not sure if it matters, but I do remember seeing in Cydia that my SHSH was on file.

So, I've looked around and I'm unclear as to whether Spirit will work for me. Can anyone elaborate? Should I hold out for a 4.0 jailbreak, or can I get back on the jailbreak train with Spirit? Everything I've read thus far makes it sound like I can use it - but I wanted to check in first.

Thanks all!

Spirit...as it states....jailbreaks all 3.1.3 devices.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

swc (2010-05-04)

Ok, thanks - I was just confused by one of the posts I read (or was it the video I watched?) that stated I would need my SHSH on file. Since I was jb'd before, and then restored, I wasn't sure what impact that would have.

Thanks for the quick reply!

i think they meant that you should backup shsh file of 3.1.3 , in case apple decided to stop signing 3.1.3

Can you explain how to do this?
    I keep seeing articles saying that it should be "on file" , ok, so how do I GET it from cydia? Does cydia just overwrite it each time I upgrade? etc

At this point, you cannot backup a Jbroken/then refreshed firmware.

But do this.

Go here:

iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

Then select the firmware you need (3.1.3 ?)
    This will download a CLEAN version of your firmware-just save it to your desktop.
    Run itunes and select your iphone from the lefthand list
    Hold down shift and click the restore button on screen.
    When it asks to point to your firmware, locate the firmware you just saved on your desktop.
    Then your phone will restore using the fresh firmware.
    Then run Spirit and you iphone will be unlocked inlike 5 seconds.
    It will install cydia.
    Then go to Cydia on your phone

I would recommend downloading OpenSSH, afc2add, appsync for 3.1, erica utilities, winterboard, fontswap, bosspaper and categories- and five icon dock if you like...then go sick on theming and downloading.

Using this method I then can use torrent sources or other sites to find cracked apps , then drag them into itunes and make sure you click on your phone name down the left column, then hit the apps tab and hit the "sync all apps" choice from the selection, and it will sync your apps, - ALL of them; to your phone.

then download iphone browser from your PC- this is for mucking around INSIDE your iphone through USB connection on your computer.

And you are ready to ROCK !
    Last edited by iTone; 2010-06-18 at 05:27 PM. Reason: oops mentiond some apps that got censored, so fropped the references.

Quote Originally Posted by iTone View Post
    Then run Spirit and you iphone will be unlocked inlike 5 seconds.
    did u mean JAILBREAKED by saying UNLOCKED!?

Quote Originally Posted by F3YSAL View Post
    i think he meant that

the saving of shsh is easy , when you go into cydia , it should be automatically saved.... if not just use umbrella

Yeah sorry, sloppy description- I mean jailbroken. Sorry mate.

I keep reading everywhere how people are able to restore 3.1.3 but I can't since Apple refuses to sign 3.1.3.

I'm assuming this method used to work, but now does not.

I'm also trying to trick iTunes/Apple by editing my hosts file but that isn't working either. Seems everything I've searched for on the internet talks about the hosts file living in the "etc" folder but I have none there. I do have one in the "etc/distcc" though and editing still doesn't help with Apple not signing 3.1.3

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by br8thw8 View Post
    I keep reading everywhere how people are able to restore 3.1.3 but I can't since Apple refuses to sign 3.1.3.

I'm assuming this method used to work, but now does not.

I'm also trying to trick iTunes/Apple by editing my hosts file but that isn't working either. Seems everything I've searched for on the internet talks about the hosts file living in the "etc" folder but I have none there. I do have one in the "etc/distcc" though and editing still doesn't help with Apple not signing 3.1.3

Help!
    that's why we have shsh saved on file-.-
    all windows platform should have a host file , try using the search function.
    There are plenty of guides that teaches you how to restore ios versions not signed by apple anymore.
    I'm too lazy at the moment to find the link.( use modmyi search function)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sinnersage For This Useful Post:

hew weichee (2010-06-24)

Quote Originally Posted by F3YSAL View Post
    it can mean both, with Sprint JB on a 3GS fw 3.1.3 you can use the latest version of Ultrash0w, you can find it on cydia and it will unlock any baseband up to 5.13.04

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZama View Post
    it can mean both, with Sprint JB on a 3GS fw 3.1.3 you can use the latest version of Ultrash0w, you can find it on cydia and it will unlock any baseband up to 5.13.04
    i ment to type SPIRIT
    Last edited by RobertZama; 2010-06-24 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost