Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I unlock iPhone 3G with Spirit jailbreak?

Default Can I unlock iPhone 3G with Spirit jailbreak?
    Hi, can I unlock my iPhone 3G with Spirit jailbreak? Running 3.1.3 of course.

Thanks in advance.

after what i've been reading, you can't even jailbreak properly YET unless you're running on mac

Default Jailbreak with spirit unlock with blackrain rc2
    I have an iPhone 3gs running 3.1.2 and modem 5.11. What I did was jailbreak with spirit and then unlock (for T-Mobile) with blackra1n rc2 through cydia.

Now I am unteather jailbroken and unlocked on a 3gs with the new boot rom.

I do have an ATT sim that I used to activate after the 3.1.2 restore (I have my 3.1.2 shsh on file w/saurik)

My steps were:

1. Restore in iTunes to 3.1.2 (changed the hosts file)

2. Activate in iTunes, but did not restore from backup yet

3. Jailbreak with spirit

4. followed these instructions to unlock with blackra1n rc2 through cydia- Blacksn0w RC2 Unlock for iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07 Baseband | Redmond Pie

5. Put in my TMobile sim and rebooted

6. Restored my backup from iTunes and resynced.

Now I have a 3gs with the new boot rom running unteathered jailbreak and unlocked with TMobile.

you can JB but not UL

Quote Originally Posted by jjallison1 View Post
    I have an iPhone 3gs running 3.1.2 and modem 5.11. What I did was jailbreak with spirit and then unlock (for T-Mobile) with blackra1n rc2 through cydia.

Now I am unteather jailbroken and unlocked on a 3gs with the new boot rom.

I do have an ATT sim that I used to activate after the 3.1.2 restore (I have my 3.1.2 shsh on file w/saurik)

My steps were:

1. Restore in iTunes to 3.1.2 (changed the hosts file)

2. Activate in iTunes, but did not restore from backup yet

3. Jailbreak with spirit

4. followed these instructions to unlock with blackra1n rc2 through cydia- Blacksn0w RC2 Unlock for iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07 Baseband | Redmond Pie

5. Put in my TMobile sim and rebooted

6. Restored my backup from iTunes and resynced.

Now I have a 3gs with the new boot rom running unteathered jailbreak and unlocked with TMobile.
    Are you sure the phone was locked to a carrier before and is now not locked to any carrier?

Could I follow the same steps if i've already jb my 3.1.2 3gs with blackra1n?

i have a IPhone 3g 3.1.3 modem firmware 05.12.01 prepaid. used spirit to jailbreak. windows xp. Worked like a charm. just having small minor issues with getting sbsettings to work let alone open

but works great.

Default Making sure before I update
    I have a Blackra1n Jailbroke 3g on ATT. I am currently running 3.1.2 (7D11) with a BB of 05.11.07.

I would like to update my iPhone and JB it, but I want to MAKE SURE that Spirit can do it without SHSH. I do not need it unlocked as i am on ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by chomp View Post
    Are you sure the phone was locked to a carrier before and is now not locked to any carrier?

Could I follow the same steps if i've already jb my 3.1.2 3gs with blackra1n?
    If you jailbroke with blackra1n, then you should also have the unlock.

I restored my 3gs to 3.1.2, so yes, it was locked again. Jailbreaking with spirit is better for a 3gs because it is untethered. However spirit has no unlock. BUT, you can go into cydia and do the blackra1n rc2 (which is an unlock only).

So to answer your question, you would have to restore to 3.1.2 before the spirit jb and cydia/blackra1n unlock.
    Last edited by jjallison1; 2010-05-18 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

QUOTE REMOVED
    lol, that's some bs if I ever heard it.
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2010-05-22 at 07:22 PM.

Thumbs up yay u can
    yeah dude u can unlock.
    first u gotta jailbreak with spirit.
    then from cydia, u go to:
    manage> sources> repo666.ultrasnOw.com

and from this u just have to install ultrasnOw.. i just did that and my 3gs works great with any sim i want