Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: why cant i jailbreak my iphone

Default why cant i jailbreak my iphone
    ok here goes i used sniowbreeze to jailbreak my phone and all was ok then something happened and i had to restore back to the un jailbroke iphone software now i cant rejailbreak my iphone every time i try i get a usb message telling me my connection could be faster but i have no problem restoreing to the old software through apple i have 3.1.3 on my phone any ideas on how to resolve my problem

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Which iPhone do you have? If it's the newest 3GS then you can't jailbreak firmware 3.1.3. If you have an older 3GS or an iPhone 3G or 2G then use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak.

I have a 3g and I had it jailbreaked once just wanna know y I can't do it again and why I get the USB can be faster if I connect to 2.0 it's already connected to 2.0

Thanks

If it's a 3G you should be able to jailbreak 3.1.3 no problem. I would scrap snowbreeze. Restore to 3.1.3 factory then jailbreak with redsn0w.

I would if redsnow would recognize the iPhone file keep getting it's not a Vaud file

I would if redsnow would recognize the iPhone file keep getting it's not a Valid file
    Last edited by dillpickle619; 2010-03-12 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You actually use the 3.1.2 firmware file to jailbreak 3.1.3.

Seriously if I had known that I wouldve been done by now

Could that solve my USB problem

ok so i tried redsnow all i got was a black screen at the end now what should i do i restored and tried again and got a black screen again
    Last edited by dillpickle619; 2010-03-12 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost