Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhones does not reboot after Blackra1n jailbreak

Default iPhones does not reboot after Blackra1n jailbreak
    Hi community

I tried to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS with Blaqckra1n.
    I believe that the actual jailbreak works fine, but then my iPhone won't reboot, but stuck in USB mode with a black screen.

After hitting "Make it Ra1n" on my Win XP my iPhone enters USBmode, then Blackrain reports "running" (Geohots picture appears on the iPhone), then "done, wait for reboot". Even the popup "Jailbreak has completed, please donate..." comes up.
    Then on the iPhone, I see the circle on the bottom (below Geohots picture) turning, but instead of rebooting my iPhone enters USB mode and the screen turns black.

In this situation I can not restart the iPhone, tried to press both the power and home button for a long time, but it always comes up in recovery mode with the black screen. I also tried iRecovery (incl LibUSB) but even I can see the "Apple Device" with the LibUSB test application, iRecovery reports no iPhone found.

I restored my iPhone many times to 3.1.2 and tried the veriest procedures, including running as Administrator, stopping iTunes, killing the 3 processes, loading gtcf.dll, pluging in before "Make it Ra1n" and after and so on, but always with the exactly same result.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any help,

Rolly
    Last edited by Rollly; 2009-10-18 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Mixed Up USB and Recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rollly View Post
    Hi community

I tried to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS with Blaqckra1n.
    I believe that the actual jailbreak works fine, but then my iPhone won't reboot, but stuck in Recovery mode with a black screen.

After hitting "Make it Ra1n" on my Win XP my iPhone enters recovery mode, then Blackrain reports "running" (Geohots picture appears on the iPhone), then "done, wait for reboot". Even the popup "Jailbreak has completed, please donate..." comes up.
    Then on the iPhone, I see the circle on the bottom (below Geohots picture) turning, but instead of rebooting my iPhone enters recovery mode and the screen turns black.

In this situation I can not restart the iPhone, tried to press both the power and home button for a long time, but it always comes up in recovery mode with the black screen. I also tried iRecovery (incl LibUSB) but even I can see the "Apple Device" with the LibUSB test application, iRecovery reports no iPhone found.

I restored my iPhone many times to 3.1.2 and tried the veriest procedures, including running as Administrator, stopping iTunes, killing the 3 processes, loading gtcf.dll, pluging in before "Make it Ra1n" and after and so on, but always with the exactly same result.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any help,

Rolly

Sounds like your phone is going into DFU mode and not recovery.
    is this for mac or pc?

to get a better understanding, what are the exact steps you took to try to JB your iphone?

You are right my iPhone entered USB mode and not Recovery.

I did the following procedure:

1. Installed qtcf.dll
    2. Restored 3.1.2 with iTunes and activated it
    3. Disconnected the iPhone
    4. Switch the iPhone to Airplane mode
    5. Switch the iPhone off
    6. Log in as Administrator on XP
    7. Kill iTunes, mdns and iTunesHelper
    8. Start Blackra1n in C
    9. Make it Ra1n -> wait for iPhone
    10. Connect iPhone while Pressung button
    11. IPhone has been detected and Blackra1n reports running
    12. Geohots Picture comes up and Blackra1n says jailbreak Done
    13. On The iPhone The white circle at The Bottom of The screen turns
    14. IPhone restarts to USB mode ( black screen)

Hope this helps to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollly View Post
    You are right my iPhone entered USB mode and not Recovery.

I did the following procedure:

1. Installed qtcf.dll
    2. Restored 3.1.2 with iTunes and activated it
    3. Disconnected the iPhone
    4. Switch the iPhone to Airplane mode
    5. Switch the iPhone off
    6. Log in as Administrator on XP
    7. Kill iTunes, mdns and iTunesHelper
    8. Start Blackra1n in C:
    9. Make it Ra1n -> wait for iPhone
    10. Connect iPhone while Pressung button
    11. IPhone has been detected and Blackra1n reports running
    12. Geohots Picture comes up and Blackra1n says jailbreak Done
    13. On The iPhone The white circle at The Bottom of The screen turns
    14. IPhone restarts to USB mode ( black screen)

Hope this helps to understand.

All i have to say is WOW

my first suggestion would be to convert your PC back to the way it was like remove the .dll file etc....

FYI......GEOHOT and iclarixxxx.com (not advertising for another site) doesn't mention ANYTHING about doing any tweaks or what not to your pc or iphone.

restore you iphone
    setup as a new phone. ---> iphone is now activated and restored with 3.2.1 FW
    start blackra1n
    click "make it rain"
    phone reboots and shows apple logo
    if successful you should see GeoHot pic
    on the computer, Blackrain states it's done (donate etc...)
    iphone reboots and your at the lock screen.
    on the iphone, click on the blackra1n icon and install CYDIA (Rock is optional) but do not install ICY.

your done.

that's how it's suppose to go, and i'm sure it won't for you on the first few attempts but just be persistent and eventually it will work.

All those tweaks I found on other sites. My kind of second iPhone (also a 3GS) went smoothly on the same notebook. Meanwhile I rejailbreaked it and again no problem. I don't need to do anything, even leave iTunes on, just start Blackra1n, it rains and the iPhone reboots, no problem.

With this particular one seem to be a more serious issue, I am sure I have tried it at least 20 times with diffrent variations, even created a new account, reinstalled iTunes and for sure removed the DLL file.

The one, that does not reboot is very new, but baseband, model, carrier are all the same. So I really have no clue and believe more and more that this is a bug.

Do you have any idea on how I can get iRecovery to work with the 3GS on 3.1.2 when the iPhone is in USB mode?
    When is the jailbreak on the iPhone exactly finished? At the time the white circle below Geohots face starts turning or already earlier?

Thanks for any help,

Rolly

Sort of having a similar situation Rolly, I have 2G 8g with 3.1.2 fw and these are some of the suggestions that I did exactly that turned to be a fail for me
    1. Killing apple related processes, no effect whatsoever
    2. Run as admin
    3. Then leaving the apple related items programs
    If anyone knows how to jb the 8g ipt2 using blackrain, plz let me kno. By the way, my model is neither Mb or Mc. It is PC**** which I don't get if others hav it but any suggestions because I don't know how to downgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1 or 3.0. If anyone knows, plz send me steps to go about doing this process, plz and ty. : < )

Angry sicka blackra1n
    i have a issue with blackra1n also. i even searched all the guides online and it looks like nobody else is haveing this issue. when i use blackra1n i never see the geohot picture and it wont reboot but the program says its done. i tried a million times and nothing works.

OK I HAVE SAME ERROR!!!

I got a iPhone 3GS 32gig about 5-6 months ago. My girl just got a iPhone 3GS 16gig today 10-25-09 and I am doing the same procedurer that I did with my phone but hers will NOT REBOOT!

I made her bring her laptop over and installed iTunes and made sure it was updated.

Then I made her reboot her computer.

Then we pluged her phone in and updated it to 3.2.1 and rebooted phone and computer! I wanted to make sure everything was clean lol

Then ran blackra1n.exe...... Everything works perfect..... Untill the computer says Jailbreak COMPLETE!!! and the iPhone shows the screen with the dude but when that screen go's blank the phone stays BLACK... Nothen I have tries everything.
    I then Unplug phone... turn iTunes on then plug phone in.

It see's it and restores it. I try to Jailbreak again and same problem.

I think this has something to do with the new security Apple implemited on there new phones goin' out.

Please is someone has another way for me to try plz tell but atm I truly belive im screwed untill the iPhone Dev Team break this garbage road block!

Default same thing...
    I have the same exact problem Rolly! Very frustrating.
    Someone HELP

Jarken,
    good, now we are already 3.

When did you get your iPhone? Is it also recently?

Thanks for your feedback.
    Rolly

Ok well I have tried all these different methods and nothin works.

I was courious so I restored my iPhone 3GS. I clicked blackra1n.exe once and POOF it was like day and night no problem. My phone is now jailbroken again....

So this leads me to belive that it's the phone because none of the triks are working and I figured I would post the 2 logs from blackra1n.

My blackra1n log "1 Click Jailbrak"
    Code:
    INFO:  welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO:  loaded dll at C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbiniTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO:  button clicked
    INFO:  internal device callback called
    INFO:  callbacks registered
    INFO:  sent enter recovery command
    INFO:  internal recovery callback called
    INFO:  unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO:  go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: send command started
    INFO: file opened
    ioctl: 1
    INFO: command setenv auto-boot true sent
    ioctl: 0
    INFO: command saveenv sent
    send payload: 0
    INFO: start sending exploit
    INFO: exploit closed 0
    sent exploit
    INFO: command geohot sent
    send picture: 0
    INFO: command setpicture 0 sent
    INFO: command bgcolor 1 1 1 sent
    send ramdisk: 0
    INFO: command geohot sent
    INFO:  I JUST DROPPED IT LIKE ITS HOT
    INFO:  unused callback called
    WARN:  wtf who called this?
    INFO:  global callback finished

And my friends that just got 3GS yesterday and I might add I have spent 7hrs so far on lol
    INFO: welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    Code:
    INFO:  welcome to blackra1n for windows
    INFO:  loaded dll at C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportbiniTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO:  button clicked
    INFO:  callbacks registered
    INFO:  internal recovery callback called
    INFO:  unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO:  go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: command setenv auto-boot true sent
    INFO: command saveenv sent
    send payload: 0
    INFO: start sending exploit
    INFO: exploit closed 0
    sent exploit
    Maybe this will help someone guess/figure what in the hell is up with the new 3GS iPhones

Hallo,

hatte das gleiche Problem. Bei mir gings dann nach mehreren Versuchen:

Er wollte einfach nicht rebooten nachdem die erfolgsmeldung von blackrain da war.

Lösung: Melldung bestätigen und iphone vom usb trennen und erneut anstecken. -> Daraufhin erschien der blackrain Bildschirm und das Prog installierte sich.

greetz sut

Quote Originally Posted by xgreedyx View Post
    OK I HAVE SAME ERROR!!!

I got a iPhone 3GS 32gig about 5-6 months ago. My girl just got a iPhone 3GS 16gig today 10-25-09 and I am doing the same procedurer that I did with my phone but hers will NOT REBOOT!

I made her bring her laptop over and installed iTunes and made sure it was updated.

Then I made her reboot her computer.

Then we pluged her phone in and updated it to 3.2.1 and rebooted phone and computer! I wanted to make sure everything was clean lol

Then ran blackra1n.exe...... Everything works perfect..... Untill the computer says Jailbreak COMPLETE!!! and the iPhone shows the screen with the dude but when that screen go's blank the phone stays BLACK... Nothen I have tries everything.
    I then Unplug phone... turn iTunes on then plug phone in.

It see's it and restores it. I try to Jailbreak again and same problem.

I think this has something to do with the new security Apple implemited on there new phones goin' out.

Please is someone has another way for me to try plz tell but atm I truly belive im screwed untill the iPhone Dev Team break this garbage road block!

Hi! I just had the same problem. Spent several hours fixing my girlfriends iPhone 3GSWhite 16GB. I tried everything that is posted on the web. But then i tried one other thing.

I reinstalled 3.1.2 FW then i went in to properties general and i choosed factory settings and then i closed every iTunes process on my computer and then, it just worked!!

Good luck

Same problem where with 2 new 3GS's an no solution yet.

What boot rom do you have? iBoot-359.3.2 is the latest and this is what the problem is.

try to disconnect usb and connect usb again when the 3gs is not rebooting. helped me

Hey folks - bought my 3gs the other day. Latest firmware, iboot, the works.

Ran blackra1n and like everyone else, it was stuck on the 'connect to itunes' screen. I tried pwnage, rc2, everytime I was stuck I had to restore via itunes to factory settings just to get it back to working.

Ran blackrain again. Got the itunes pic on the phone. BUT...With the phone still connected via usb, open and run Blackra1n again (2nd time) and it reboots and voila! JB'd.

Every time the phone cycles off/on, you're going to get that connect to itunes image on the phone, you have to run blackrain.

I hope this helps. I spent HOURS trying to figure this damn thing out and no one was helpful to me. I hope this helps you.

I have a new 3gs came with 3.1, I upgraded to 3.1.2 and updated itunes to 9.2. restored and then ran blackrain. several times.. every time it goes to the usb screen, message comes up saying jailbreak is done but it never goest to geohots pic, screen just go clear and sits there. when I restart it it goes to the home screen as if I had not done anything. HELP PLEASE
    IT FINALLY WORKED..YOU JUST GOTTA KEEP TRYING.
    Last edited by John1177; 2009-11-01 at 03:38 AM.

Default hmzz....
    hey dude's!

after trying really everything i finally got cydia on my brand new 3gs 2.1.3!!

only problem... te reboot.... BUT if i conect my iphone thats in recovery mode after rebooting, and run blackrai1n again it reboots!
    so i guess, only reboot when your close to your computer :P

Dunno if this will help anyone, but what worked for me was plugging the phone into a USB 2.0 socket. Hope it does, though.

Solution for me was as follows,

Restore firmware in itunes to 3.1.2.

Set up as new phone.

When all that is finished restarted the phone.

I then went to settings, general, reset and reset all settings.

I turned off all processes to do with itunes.

Then i finaly done the jailbreak with blackrain which worked fine.

As a side note obviously this will only work with a activated phone due to needing to go into iphone settings. Not usre what to suggest if you need to hacktivate.
    Last edited by macabre; 2009-11-04 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast