Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhones does not reboot after Blackra1n jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by xgreedyx View Post
    OK I HAVE SAME ERROR!!!

I got a iPhone 3GS 32gig about 5-6 months ago. My girl just got a iPhone 3GS 16gig today 10-25-09 and I am doing the same procedurer that I did with my phone but hers will NOT REBOOT!

I made her bring her laptop over and installed iTunes and made sure it was updated.

Then I made her reboot her computer.

Then we pluged her phone in and updated it to 3.2.1 and rebooted phone and computer! I wanted to make sure everything was clean lol

Then ran blackra1n.exe...... Everything works perfect..... Untill the computer says Jailbreak COMPLETE!!! and the iPhone shows the screen with the dude but when that screen go's blank the phone stays BLACK... Nothen I have tries everything.
    I then Unplug phone... turn iTunes on then plug phone in.

It see's it and restores it. I try to Jailbreak again and same problem.

I think this has something to do with the new security Apple implemited on there new phones goin' out.

Please is someone has another way for me to try plz tell but atm I truly belive im screwed untill the iPhone Dev Team break this garbage road block!
    I too have just joined the club of this error.

I have used Blackra1n to jailbreak as a clean install (went from 3.0.1, to 3.1.2) and put my contacts in only.

loaded Cydia, and Rock (I wanted to see what Rock was all about).

rebooted phone

Then I put winterboard, hackolus, and a theme.

everything worked fine until I loaded music and apps

it reboot and stays on the black apple screen, then shuts off.

I have Vista, white 3G S 32gb, with latest upgrades on phone, and iTunes.

When I tried plugging into computer, I dont hear the sound for it being connected. It just shows black screen, with apple logo for appox 10 sec, then turns off.

So, I need some help as well. I will be trying a few things myself and will keep you guys posted as well. I sure hope we can fine a solution for this.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

I FIXED THE PROBLEM ON MY OWN!!

What I did was put it in DFU mode. It took about 8hrs and loads of redo, redo, redo.

I Held down the power and home button.
    When I saw the Apple logo, released the power button but continued holding the home button down. ect...... But I did it loads of times and FINALLY IT FREAKIN WORKED!!!!
    Last edited by Brick James; 2009-11-05 at 11:44 PM.

having all the same problems as everyone else.

so i cleaned out my iphone 3G S 16GB did it as a new phone, and added my music contacts and photos back on my phone.

after that i ran blackra1n went through fine.
    put cydia on the phone and added a few things.
    running great and then i installed winterboard, after installing had to reboot iphone, and then that's when i got the stuck apple logo screen.

after that happen i restored again to new iphone and everything before, runs good again but i did not install winterboard and seems to be running good, and i have rebooted my iphone to see if i would get the stuck apple screen and i haven't got it yet.

maybe this will help??

and another thing my battery seems to be dying a little faster than before when i had it jailbroken.

Question yea?
    the same problem occurs to me. if that does really work do i keep my apps i downloaded from **********?

Hi Guys

It is correct with the new Blackra1n version we are able to jailbreak the latest iPhone 3GS.

BUT, every time the iPhone crashes or you need to reboot, you also have to run blackra1n again as it stucks in the recovery mode (USB Cable on the screen).

Hope they weill find a solution for this soon.

Cheers,

Rolly

I'm having the same problem! My iPhone 3gs running 3.1.2 was working fine. Was already jailbroken and unlocked and I know its a tether unlock & jailbreak. But this morning my 3g wasn't working for some reason so I reset all network settings and now I'm at the recovery cycle. Here's where I plug my phone in to the computer and run blackra1n again but it won't boot up! It just restarts and goes back into recovery mode again! Someone please help.

Default had problems no reboot after blackra1n
    i bought a new 3g 8gig with firmware 3.1 and baseband 5.11.07.

i upgraged to firmware 3.1.2.

i ran blackra1n but got the blank screen without any reboot. after powering down and back up again, no sign of blackra1n. after a dozen different methods, i removed itunes 9.2 and installed itunes 9.0. i disabled autosyncing, and checking for updates automatically in itunes and rebooted.

then i ran blackra1n again with same result except when i got the blank screen, this time i reran blackra1n again during the black screen... this time with success. phone is now jailbroke and unlocked.

good luck, maybe you can get some ideas from this.

I had this same problem...

I made it rain, waited about 5minutes to reboot, didn't reboot.

So i went to grab a bite. I came back in around 30 minutes, i found this thread and read it.

Guess what. It rebooted and I'm at lockscreen. Haha what the hell...

Just give it some time i guess.

hi i just got the 3gs 16g today, i used the blackrain to jailbreak it, but now i cant reboot my phone or power off without my pc now. because it require me to plug in to my pc activate with the blackrain otherwise will stuck in the picture of plug in with itune. is there any way can fix this? or any better way to jailbreak? thx

Quote Originally Posted by NO! View Post
    the same problem occurs to me. if that does really work do i keep my apps i downloaded from **********?
    I know those asterisks all too well. If you need to ask a question like that, this is not the forum for you. We don't talk about stuff like that here. (We respect the fact that developers are people just like us who need to make money from their hard work just like any normal working person does.)

By the way...

I lol'd.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i too have had this problem currenly with two of my friends new bought 3g[s] 32 ig and 16 gig..did them both with latest version of blackra1n and geohots picture comes up the cycling circle goes thru it reboots and automatically goes to the usb and apple sync screen....had to restore it to get out of that mode on the 32 gig.

On the 16 gig i tried the latest version of blackra1n and once again geohots picture comes up, cycling circle logo at the bottom rotates and phone reboots entering usb mode. Then i tried running blackra1in again and stuck th phone in complete dfu mode screen black not being able to do anything but only restore it thru itunes

I then restored it and tried it again and same thing happened..

It seems to me that this happening with all iphones purchased after 10/15/09 if i am correct or mainly them and a few old 3g and 3g[s] that have upgraded very recently...

i hope they solve this asap. will try and find the logs for the blackra1n to post up

by the way i am running windows xp all updated, 2.0 usb ports, latest version of itunes

Quote Originally Posted by fabulous921 View Post
    hi i just got the 3gs 16g today, i used the blackrain to jailbreak it, but now i cant reboot my phone or power off without my pc now. because it require me to plug in to my pc activate with the blackrain otherwise will stuck in the picture of plug in with itune. is there any way can fix this? or any better way to jailbreak? thx
    you have the newer iphone 3gs which comes with the new bootloader. you now have a tethered iphone and will need to plug it into a computer once you reboot your phone. we're all awaiting for a someone to develop something to work around this. until then i suggest not reboot your device.

Default whilst we wait
    not only can i not restart my phone without it going into recovery mode but i also cant use iphone pc suite or diskaid or as far as i know any other pc programs that require te iphone to be jailbroken as none of them recognise its been jail broken at all. is anyone else having this issue? or any ideas for a cure at least for pc suite?
    cheers, Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danbh View Post
    not only can i not restart my phone without it going into recovery mode but i also cant use iphone pc suite or diskaid or as far as i know any other pc programs that require te iphone to be jailbroken as none of them recognise its been jail broken at all. is anyone else having this issue? or any ideas for a cure at least for pc suite?
    cheers, Dan

i think windows 7 is the problem i do not know for sure but try running those apps admin mode on vista u right click and select run as admin . hope this helps you

So I just got my new iPhone 3gs yesterday, tried jailbreaking it on Windows 7. It went thru all the motions like a normal jailbreak, I even had it on windows xp SP 3 compatibility mode with admin privliages. Anyways went thru with the motions and it had the picture of geohot and all that stuff. The phone restarted after the wheel thing went up and then the phone stayed in DFU mode. Didn't get past it or anything. I tried reopening blackra1n but that didn't work. I had to restore my iPhone.

Is there anything I can do or what not? or just try again?
    Last edited by thetripmachine; 2009-12-08 at 05:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Just give it another try. The iPhone can be stubborn at times. Make sure you have the latest version downloaded from blackra1n.com , which im sure you have already done.
    Sent from my iPad

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ltjbigshot For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2009-12-10)

Quote Originally Posted by ltjbigshot View Post
    Just give it another try. The iPhone can be stubborn at times. Make sure you have the latest version downloaded from blackra1n.com , which im sure you have already done.
    Yeah it worked dude.
    thanks for the reply!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Good to hear!
    Last edited by ltjbigshot; 2009-12-08 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Danbh View Post
    cheers, Dan
    It's not a Win7 problem. I had the same thing kinda happen to me after updating to 3.1.2 and jailbreaking. When I went to navigate the files on the phone with IphoneBrowser, I could not get to the root of the phone. Did a quick google search and found that I need to grab af2cdd (something like that, I will have to douple check next break I take and and look on ROCK as to what it's called exactly), and that enabled me to be able to do what I wanted/needed to do with the phone through iPhoneBrowser.

So ive got a new iphone 3GS. after several weeks i jailbroke it using blackra1n. i was installing several different apps with no problems. then i went to install a tethering app and it then said to reboot. when i did that it changed to the usb picture on the screen. i reran blackra1n and got the message done, waiting to reboot but my iphone never rebooted. it eventually turned off and after i turned it on again, i got the same usb screen. ive tried running blackra1n several times again, and i get waiting for device. i reboot the iphone and blackra1n says done, waiting for reboot. this is happening over and over for the last couple hours. i dont want to have to restore and loose all the apps i paid for along with the other ones i installed and all my photos videos and contacts. any ideas?

i would like to join this club of the same issue for iPhone 3G S 3.1.2 16GB

I just bought a iphone 3GS 16G this week and i have been trying to jailbreak this iphone and what happens is this:

I have the updated FW 3.1.2 iphone 3GS, and I ran blackra1n-RC3. It jailbreaks it and no problems. But if i reboot the device again, it is on the “connect to itunes” screen. It doesnt reboot, so i have to restore it again. I tried it alot of times, restoring, rebooting and jailbreaking. Same problem all the time. I am using Windows 7 and I also tried in on windows xp and vista still the same problem.

Anyone can Help with this Issue. Anyone else having the same issue. ?????

What do i do so it will restart with our any problems after Jailbreaking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast