Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n for iPhone 3G - FIX!

Lightbulb blackra1n for iPhone 3G - FIX!
    This thread is for members who are getting stuck on the "running" screen when trying to run blackra1n on the iPhone 3G (Maybe 3GS too, but the trouble seems to be mostly with the 3G).

Background:
    iPhone 3G, 3.1.2 firmware
    Newest version of blackra1n
    iTunes 9.0
    Windows XP SP3
    --One iPhone stuck on emergency calls only--
    --One iPhone functioning normally--

1) Start up your phone, open up blackra1n.
    2) Click "Make it ra1n"
    3) The same time the iPhone shuts off, hold down the power button and the home button for approx 10 seconds (until the Apple Logo appears).
    4) When the apple logo appears, let off the power button and continue to hold the home button.
    5) It's that simple... literally.

I had two different iPhone 3Gs and blackra1n was a waste of my time. I could not get it to work for the life of me. After a little time on Google I found the fix, and it worked great on two different phones for me.

I'm guessing the problem is something with the 3G that is holding it up or preventing the iPhone 3G to go in to a true DFU or something wrong with the restart.

Regardless, try it out - please post up results. Blackra1n worked fine for me!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dugup46 For This Useful Post:

angelinirr5 (2009-10-15), mahgninnuc93 (2009-10-21)

wow ive tried so many things to get blackra1n to work and this did it for me thanks so much
    ventis secundis, tene cursum
    Chocolate is the cure to life

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    here is the video that explains it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8UYSfPEKnQ]YouTube - How to Fix Blackra1n Jailbreak Problem iphone 3G/iPouch Touch (No Boot Logo)(Windows)[/ame]

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagga For This Useful Post:

outtacntrl69 (2009-10-19), zlimon007 (2009-11-02)

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine still didn't break. I watched the video, I followed step by frickin' step. Still didn't work. I've jailbroken devices before so I don't understand why it's not working.

I couldn't jailbreak it on my laptop running Vista but everything went fine on my PC running with XP. I also deleted iTune from it just to be sure, I only need it on the laptop, and the picture appeared right away.
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i tried this like 8 times. if you go through the comments on the video someone explained a slightly different way to do it. those are the steps that finally worked for me. in addition i also started holding the power and home button as soon as the loading icon appeared. this was on a 16gb 3g. my 32gb 3gs worked first try like it is suppose to. Hope this helps someone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had to do this about 6 times and change the usb port twice and then it worked. It was a big pain !! But now I have a jailbroken phone. Thanks to Geohotz

Geeee mix results how odd, NOT!

It's not a solution, just another config to your computer so you can feel better. Just because it worked on your computer doesn't mean it will on others.

i was having this problem a few days ago and spent an hour trying all the different ways people had posted to run blackra1n and the one thing that made the difference in addition to having the correct version of iTunes etc..... was to make sure that the Blackra1n .exe file is placed in the root folder of the C: drive.

Once I did that it worked right away.

I know that for some reason blackra1n works fine for some users but not so for others....just wanted to post what seemed to work for me.

Overall it seems to be working, over not working. I didn't post it because it "just worked on my computer". I did a lot of research, watched the videos, and the success rate was over 75% as about it is here.

Sorry I didn't personally link the video, but I haven't been on these forums in awhile and I need brushed up on the rules. I figure less is more. Hopefully this helps more people!

Thank you!!!!!!!!! Worked!!!!!!!!! Thanks 100 times!!!! Whooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dugup46 View Post
    Overall it seems to be working, over not working. I didn't post it because it "just worked on my computer". I did a lot of research, watched the videos, and the success rate was over 75% as about it is here.

Sorry I didn't personally link the video, but I haven't been on these forums in awhile and I need brushed up on the rules. I figure less is more. Hopefully this helps more people!
    75%?????
    To get the percentage you would need to know all the people who successfully/unsuccessfully used this method. Some how i highly doubt that.

Thanks
    Just got mine to work. Thank you . I did have to do it twice but it worked....Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigette View Post
    UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine still didn't break. I watched the video, I followed step by frickin' step. Still didn't work. I've jailbroken devices before so I don't understand why it's not working.
    just keep trying!

I didnt use any secret tips or tricks.

I unplugged my phone, closed everything on my desktop, opened blackra1n and let it rain. Everything worked the way it was supposed to.

Does this work on ALL 3G S devices? I just got my phone and tried using the program and now my phone doesn't turn on at all. Any help???

THANKS..

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by ace00 View Post
    75%?????
    To get the percentage you would need to know all the people who successfully/unsuccessfully used this method. Some how i highly doubt that.
    Who is this kid anyway?

I'm just trying to help people. I found a method that seems to work a good bit often than not. It appears this method gets a lot of people's phone jailbroke when other methods of using blackra1n have failed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Appreciate it Dug....after trying many other methods this one worked for me. Have a great day!

Blackra1n, 30 second jailbreak, really.... What a joke... Tried every fix, every method. In two days, been at it for about 8 hours. Don't think the phones gonna handle many more restores. Guess I'll wait for a real jail break

Quote Originally Posted by dugup46 View Post
    Who is this kid anyway?

I'm just trying to help people. I found a method that seems to work a good bit often than not. It appears this method gets a lot of people's phone jailbroke when other methods of using blackra1n have failed.
    Kid? don't act like you know me punk!

I didn't say your method didn't work you fool! All i said was it's not a FIX!!!!!!!!! It's just another method that people can try, but ultimately it's just their persistence that will get it to work!

You wanna lookup what the definition of a FIX is dumbass! it's not something that works for some people or some of the time..

and please explain how you go your 75% of the time......

ya thats what i thought!..