Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g upgrade to 3.1.2 carrier upgrade?

Default 2g upgrade to 3.1.2 carrier upgrade?
    Okay, I've update my jailbroke iPhone 2g from 3.0 to 3.1.2 I'm getting ready to use blackra1n. However, when I installed the new iPhone update I did NOT update the carrier settings. Do I need to or will it matter? I use AT&T and have no plans on using another carrier so I'm not worried about unlocking. Any help before I attempt? I'll give it a few minutes and do some chores before I attempt and get feedback. Thanks.

Okay, worked the 1st time and now I have a iPhone 2g 3.1.2 jailbroken. I use AT&T anyways so no worried about unlocking. However, when connected with iTunes it still ask me to update my carrier settings. What are the benefits?
    Last edited by mastaryan; 2009-10-12 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is what i found
    The carrier settings can include updates to the default APN (how iPhone accesses the carrier's cellular data network), special dialing codes at Settings > Phone > [Carrier] Services, default settings for Stocks, Maps, Weather, and other items. You should install these updates to your iPhone as soon as they are available. As said here->
    http://technologyexpert.blogspot.com...gs-update.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xskinnerx For This Useful Post:

mastaryan (2009-10-16)