Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So who wants to do a homebrew jailbreak?

Lightbulb So who wants to do a homebrew jailbreak?
    So I was thinking since iPhone 3Gs 3.1 beta is in testing I might have some people do a proof of concept Jailbreak. This would entail using a hex editor. Windows would be the primary OS. I myself do NOT own a 3Gs, but would like to help with a 3.1 jailbreak. Basically the theoretical steps are

•Apply your Signed ECID file. To do this I suggest get hex editor Neo. Take your generated ECID file either from an image capture or purplera1nyday file. Apply at the HSHS string. Do the same for every image file (.IMG3).
    •Next use the 24kpwn overwrite. I suggest if you don't have the Custom 3Gs LLB take the overwrite data from the ipt2g n72ap LLB . They are practically the same. The only differances are firmware differance and the n72ap vs the n88ap ARM versions.
    •make a custom Ramdisk. This would contain the apps.
    •make a custom Restore Ramdisk

I am 90% sure I'm leaving things out but for whoever wants to help make a custom restore file for a lucky users 3Gs is welcome to tell me other specific things and help.

Let's have some fun shall we gentlemen?

-ite

I'm really new at this but I'd like to learn. I've got two 3gs'.
    One is JB 3.01 and one is 3.10.

I'm a has been techie, but really a newb (2 months) with iPhone and Apple.

I'd like some pointers on what I should be looking at to learn the system architecture of the iPhone.

I've looked at the ipsw file and found the img and other parts although I haven't expanded the dmg files yet.

The redsn0w JB stuff works ok, but I'd like to learn more and be able to help as well. I just need a few hints on where I should go to get up to speed. Reading the forums about a user's latest troubles hasn't been getting me anywhere on a more technical level.

Any help appreciated.

PS
    I really want to get into it and hack the bluetooth stuff.