Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in recovery mode, iRecovery doesn't work.

Default Stuck in recovery mode, iRecovery doesn't work.
    So I upgraded fiveIrows when my iPhone 3G 2.2.1 got stuck in an endless loop of recovery.

I installed iRecovery however when I start the program it complains that no iPhone is found even though the phone is connected to my computer and I can get into it using iPhonebrowser.

I can't SSH into it because I don't know its (iPhone's) IP address. Any solution to this, short of restoring it?
    Thanks a lot.

An update:
    I can SSH into the phone and connect to it using PUTTY.
    Can anyone tell me how I can execute the commands from irecovery:

setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit

in the terminal window to be able to reeboot normally again.

I can also connect to my phone using itunes, it instantly recognizes it when it is connected so it does boot to a certain point. Any idea how to get out of the loop?
    It boots to the Apple logo, vibrates every 30 second or so and reboots after about 4 -5 minutes.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by sadsamurai; 2009-08-02 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this has not effect on my phone, i did everything rite. i know i have the lib. installed cuz it shows up in the test program.

then in the terminal it shows up ok. and after the reboot, my phone is still in recovery mode

Default Stuck in recovery mode loop
    hi guys. my problem is my iphone is stuck in recovery mode loop for weeks now and neither mac or xp recognize my iphone 2g (firmware 3.1.2). i think my problem is my iphone coz my computer recognize other iphones.
    please help me.

i tried using blackrain, redsnow, pwnagetool, irecovery, ifuntastic, idiscovery, DFU, resting my computer million times, change my usb, plugged it to different usb port but still it says "usb device not recognized"

please help me. thank you

make sure your phone is in recovery mode before running irecovery

Me too! This doesnt work

Current: Apple iPod touch [stuck in dfu mode]
    Acer Aspire x1700
    Soon: MacBook Pro 13''