Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 questions

Default 1.1.4 questions
    Just a few quick questions that I found were unclarified in posts I have read.

1: when upgrading to 1.1.4 are apps removed, or just not detected due to the new folder for apps? After upping to 1.1.2 my apps were still there just undetected so I had to manually delete them.

2: when upgrading is the baseband or modem firmware or anything to that degree changed? if so what do these do?

3: To upgrade do I simply download the 1.1.4 restore file and restore to it then proceed with the jailbreak?

Thank you in advanced for the help and that you all for making this a great community.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

if u hit restore all apps will be deleted which is how u supposed to do it with upgrading to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak.if you hit update then apps stay but wont work.

yo if your iphone is unofficial, i mean when i bought it was already simcard-free, and then you download firmware- what is that by the way?- will it lock? Also if you download official update for my iphone will it lock? can you mail me answer, plz, [email protected] it will be very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    if u hit restore all apps will be deleted which is how u supposed to do it with upgrading to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak.if you hit update then apps stay but wont work.
    Wait so restoring to 1.1.4 patch is essentially a virginize? If so that is great I will be upgrading to 16 gig this weekend, please correct me if I'm wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

im not sure with the right terms but i had unlocked jailbroken otb 1.1.2 and i just hit restore button(to 1.1.4) and then perform ziphone and had no problems whatsoever...and i didnt even previously downloaded firmware.i let itunes do it...

Anyone know if restoring to 1.1.4 is considered a virginize? I have been debating on exchanging my 8gig for a 16 and this would be a quick fix.