Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with jailbreaking... Need Help!

Default Problem with jailbreaking... Need Help!
    Hi guys. Need some help.
    I'm using an official iPhone 3G.
    I accidentally upgraded my firmware to 2.2.1. now i'm unjailbroken on baseband 02.30.03,
    When I tried to jailbreak it with QuickPWN or Pwnage Tool, I managed to get to the last part of the "get to DFU" mode.
    However, when holding to the Home button only @ around 8 secs, iTunes starts up and I get this MSG:

"An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. An unknown error occured. (2001)"

This happened although PWnage tool blue screen came up and said to connect to iTunes etc.

Was unable to connect to itunes till I held the home & power button till the connect to itunes logo came up.

tried restoring with custom firmware. This MSG popped up:

"The iPhone, "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (21)."

Can anyone please help. I miss my jailbroken iPhone!!

hi guys... just tried using a USB hub between my MAC and iPhone. Seems to b working... will check on it...
    Last edited by adrix; 2009-06-07 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

So is it working now?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I dont understand. Is there a problem now?

Hi guys, been @ work hence the late reply. I finally got it jailbroken again. Woohoo! The problem was my Macbook. More info here > iPhone Dev Team: Software Method to Unlock iPhone 3G to be Released on New Year’s Eve; Possible Fixes for DFU Problems with Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update [Updated] - iPhone Hacks