Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g 2.1 slide for emergency

Default iphone 3g 2.1 slide for emergency
    Hello,
    I brought a jailbroked iphone 3g 2.1 3 months ago and it was working fine with turbo sim (gevey 3g) for my T-Mobile SIM. Recently I tried to sink it with itunes to load my personal music(not sure if I'm allowed to do so?). There begins problem.... My lcd screen shows with itunes USB logo scrolling "Slide for Emregency" in different languages.

Ok... I browsed through internet and tried various solutions..I installed itunes 8 and followed the steps in How to: Jailbreak iPhone 2.1 - Windows PC Edition | The iPhone Blog. But i'm stuck between step 5 & 6. After selecting the downloaded firware QuickPwn would never verify the firmware.

Please help me.
    P.S: I'm new bee...Please be considerate if I got my basics wrong

Thanks in Advance
    Mounus

Make sure the quickpwn version that you re using is compatible with your iphone fw...

did you upgrade the firmware? sounds like that is what happended?

same happened to me when i was tinkering with it, i just reboot-ed and slide for emergency was gone... wonder what happened

oh no i should have knocked on wood!! i just downloaded some new apps and rebooted and sure enough I am now locked on the emergency screen!!! UGH!!!

whats even more weird is i can receive calls and when i connect to itunes it says "itunes cannot connect because it is locked with a pass code, you must enter your pass code before it can be used with itunes" which i do have a passcode on it but since i am locked on the emergency screen i cant enter my pass code...

i know i can put it in dfu mode & restore but hate to do all that if i can somehow figure out how to enter then pass code from the emergency mode

ok so i tried restoring from dfu & now itunes says "there is a problem with your iphone"... wow i just went from total 100% working just fine to 0% locked emergency screen and cant retore from itunes... whoa is me
    Last edited by Mr. DeLeon; 2009-05-17 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added text