Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issue with iTunes after Ziphone iBrickr fix

Default Issue with iTunes after Ziphone iBrickr fix
    I have a OOB 1.1.2, I used ZiPhone to jailbreak only. Works great. I installed BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, I also installed the ZiPhone, iBrickr fix so it would see the phone as jailbroken. Heres the issue.

As soon as I restart the phone after installing the fix iTunes no longer detects the phone. iTunes opens when phone connects but thats asfar as it gets.

I have tried different iTunes versions, I did a DFU restore to 1.1.2 & started again this time connecting to iTunes after each reboot to find the culprit. The fix is it. I can unistall it & reboot the phone & iTunes then sees the iPhone.

Anyone know how to fix this? I thought about jailbreaking the old fashion way of downgrading/upgrading but I see to many places saying you can't downgrade a OOB 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. I want to be able to use iPhonebrowser to access the files, but I need iTunes as well & uninstalling/reinstalling will get old quickly.

i had the same problem...see if you have a buddy's computer and plug your iphone to his and most likely activate as new phone or vice versa should load.

Thanks I tried it on my wifes computer, Same thing iTunes wouldn't recognize it. Windows installed drivers for it but iTunes will not see it. It worked though as soon as I remove the ZiPhone iBrickr fix.

Thats why I was wondering if I should just do a downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak then upgrade to 1.1.1 & jailbreak without using ZiPhone. Jailbreak it the old fashion way...

here is the solution

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...ighlight=suite

i have the same problem with iphone pc suite
    when i install ziphon ibrikr fix, i can access the phone file system , but you can't access via itunes and vice versa
    just install the ibrikr fix just for access to the file system and replace the Services.plist file
    but keep the old one, just in case
    Reboot and voila, works with itunes and any other file manager

you can also replace just the backup file in the same directory and uninstall the ibrikr fix , but i can't check this
    the only odd is you see in installer a ibrikr fix in there but is not there ,just a minor problem

hope this help, i search a lot of threads, and didn't see nothing around, and finally find in hackintosh forum

8G
    1.1.2 OTB zhiponed
    Last edited by icepick4u; 2008-03-01 at 06:06 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to icepick4u For This Useful Post:

Cokeman (2008-03-01)

Thanks

I haven't had that problem at all. And I have 1.1.2 OTB now 1.1.4 JB w/ZiPhone 2.5.

@icepick4u,

Thanks that fixed it up. Now I'm good to start modding. I can't wait to get my theme started.

@Zwayne,

I think the issue is Ziphone iBricker fix is only good for 1.1.3 & up. Doesn't work correctly for 1.1.2 which is what i'm running. I had upgraded to .3 on my previous iphone & didn't have this issue.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    @icepick4u,

Thanks that fixed it up. Now I'm good to start modding. I can't wait to get my theme started.

@Zwayne,

I think the issue is Ziphone iBricker fix is only good for 1.1.3 & up. Doesn't work correctly for 1.1.2 which is what i'm running. I had upgraded to .3 on my previous iphone & didn't have this issue.

Thanks for all the help.
    ^^^That is correct M8.

That's the problem with too many quick fix plist installs - they just overwrite the file, which means they are fairly version specific but they don't warn you very well that you could be breaking other things (in this case, other services.)
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    That's the problem with too many quick fix plist installs - they just overwrite the file, which means they are fairly version specific but they don't warn you very well that you could be breaking other things (in this case, other services.)
    I agree these quick fix things are getting out of control. My previous 1.1.2 OOB I upgraded to 1.1.3 & had nothing but problems trying to get stuff to install. Everything required a fix for it to work. It felt like my iPhone had been morphed into a windows PC, spend more time applying patches & updates than using the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick4u View Post
    here is the solution

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...ighlight=suite

i have the same problem with iphone pc suite
    when i install ziphon ibrikr fix, i can access the phone file system , but you can't access via itunes and vice versa
    just install the ibrikr fix just for access to the file system and replace the Services.plist file
    but keep the old one, just in case
    Reboot and voila, works with itunes and any other file manager

you can also replace just the backup file in the same directory and uninstall the ibrikr fix , but i can't check this
    the only odd is you see in installer a ibrikr fix in there but is not there ,just a minor problem

hope this help, i search a lot of threads, and didn't see nothing around, and finally find in hackintosh forum

8G
    1.1.2 OTB zhiponed
    I'm having the same problem as Cokeman, so I tried to install service.plist, restarted and iTunes still isn't detecting my phone.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm usually good about researching alot before ever asking, but I'm at wit's end. I've been googling all damn day.

1.1.2 16gig, iTunes 7.4.2

Thanks.

Post your Services.plist and we can see what's wrong with it.
    Pocket-sized Development

Post your Services.plist and we can see what's wrong with it.
    Had to upload it in a zip file. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anything?

The only thing I see is your afc2 entry doesn't have the AllowUnactivatedService key - the section from my old 1.1.1 plist looked like this:
    Code:
    	<key>com.apple.afc</key>
    	<dict>
    		<key>AllowUnactivatedService</key>
    		<true/>
    		<key>Label</key>
    		<string>com.apple.afc</string>
    		<key>ProgramArguments</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>/usr/libexec/afcd</string>
    			<string>--lockdown</string>
    		</array>
    	</dict>
    	<key>com.apple.afc2</key>
    	<dict>
    		<true/>
    		<key>Label</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>-d</string>
    			<string>/</string>
    		</array>
    	</dict>
    Also, mine has the same Label for the afc2 and afc2 sections - though I'm not sure it should be that way...
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-03-15 at 06:00 AM. Reason: use code markup
    Pocket-sized Development

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (2008-03-15)

The only thing I see is your afc2 entry doesn't have the AllowUnactivatedService key - the section from my old 1.1.1 plist looked like this:
    Code:
    	<key>com.apple.afc</key>
    	<dict>
    		<true/>
    		<key>Label</key>
    		<array>
    		</array>
    	</dict>
    	<key>com.apple.afc2</key>
    	<dict>
    		<true/>
    		<key>Label</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>-d</string>
    			<string>/</string>
    		</array>
    	</dict>
    Also, mine has the same Label for the afc2 and afc2 sections - though I'm not sure it should be that way...
    Changed my service.plist to the settings above and iTunes read my phone right away. Worked perfectly, thanks!

Hopefully it sticks which I think it will.

**hits thanks button**

Glad it is working.
    Pocket-sized Development

If I wasn't too worried about iBrickr support (I use WinSCP) I could just uninstall the Ziphone iBrickr fix and my itunes connectivity issue should be resolved??

EDIT: I just searched through installer and I never did use the Ziphone Brickr fix, so that's not the issue with my phone.

Could one of the evil geniuses on here take a look at my services.plist file (attached) and offer some insight? Maybe fire me back a plist file to try copying to my phone... This whole lack of connectivity thing could get old fast.... Thanks in advance..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 2008-03-20 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    If I wasn't too worried about iBrickr support (I use WinSCP) I could just uninstall the Ziphone iBrickr fix and my itunes connectivity issue should be resolved??

EDIT: I just searched through installer and I never did use the Ziphone Brickr fix, so that's not the issue with my phone.

Could one of the evil geniuses on here take a look at my services.plist file (attached) and offer some insight? Maybe fire me back a plist file to try copying to my phone... This whole lack of connectivity thing could get old fast.... Thanks in advance..
    Did you try the plist file's that were posted earlier? The last one fixed mine, don't see why it wouldn't fix yours. Just copy and paste it into your current services.plist file (back up first) and you should be good to go.

Well that's all I have lol.

I'm on 1.1.2 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Did you try the plist file's that were posted earlier? The last one fixed mine, don't see why it wouldn't fix yours. Just copy and paste it into your current services.plist file (back up first) and you should be good to go.

Well that's all I have lol.

I'm on 1.1.2 btw.
    I"ve fixed my connectivity issue, so I'll share my fix here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problem is that the necessary drivers either didn't install to the correct directory on the computer, or Windows just forgets they are there when you upgrade iTunes. Either way, give this a shot, and let me know if it works out. I feel your pain, it was a very frustrating issue.

------------------------------------------------
    I'm using Windows XP Pro-

First, ensure that you have iTUnes 7.5 Installed. I recommend this version, since 7.6.1 is what caused this problem for me in the first place.
    If you need to uninstall a newer version, do so by opening the control panel and use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility.

1- You must right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage
    2- In the left pane, select "Device Manager"
    3- In the right window, expand "Imaging devices" or similar imaging category
    4- You should see "Apple Camera" or something similar
    5- Right click on the "Apple camera" and select "Update Driver"
    6- Select second option "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" click Next
    7- Check the box labeled "Include this location in the search
    8- Copy and paste this path into the folder line- CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
    9- Click "Next"

Windows should now locate the necessary USBAAPL driver to run the iPhone and enable it's detection in iTunes.

If this does not work, open your windows explorer, and use the search option at the top of the window. Search for "Usbaapl". This should turn up the location of the driver files you need to reassociate the iPhone with iTunes. Make a note of the directory, and use that in the Driver Update (step 8 above). My drivers happened to be in the CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers folder.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    I"ve fixed my connectivity issue, so I'll share my fix here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problem is that the necessary drivers either didn't install to the correct directory on the computer, or Windows just forgets they are there when you upgrade iTunes. Either way, give this a shot, and let me know if it works out. I feel your pain, it was a very frustrating issue.

------------------------------------------------
    I'm using Windows XP Pro-

First, ensure that you have iTUnes 7.5 Installed. I recommend this version, since 7.6.1 is what caused this problem for me in the first place.
    If you need to uninstall a newer version, do so by opening the control panel and use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility.

1- You must right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage
    2- In the left pane, select "Device Manager"
    3- In the right window, expand "Imaging devices" or similar imaging category
    4- You should see "Apple Camera" or something similar
    5- Right click on the "Apple camera" and select "Update Driver"
    6- Select second option "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" click Next
    7- Check the box labeled "Include this location in the search
    8- Copy and paste this path into the folder line- C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers
    9- Click "Next"

Windows should now locate the necessary USBAAPL driver to run the iPhone and enable it's detection in iTunes.

If this does not work, open your windows explorer, and use the search option at the top of the window. Search for "Usbaapl". This should turn up the location of the driver files you need to reassociate the iPhone with iTunes. Make a note of the directory, and use that in the Driver Update (step 8 above). My drivers happened to be in the C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers folder.
    Good find. I think this should be a sticky for other people having this problem. Not the "ziphone ibrickr fix" but the "iTunes not recognizing iPhone" problem. I see many threads here and there with the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast