Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Winpwn'd iPhone

Default Help with Winpwn'd iPhone
    So I used Winpwn to pwn my iPhone to 2.0.1.

I am currently wanting to upgrade my phone to a fresh 2.1 installation and Quickpwn from there. Only problem...

When I try to restore or upgrade to ANY firmwares I get a 1602 or 1603 error.

Weird part is I can restore my phone using the custom firmware I created with Winpwn. But as of right now thats the ONLY firmware that works.

Current Setup:

1st Gen 4GB iPhone
    iTunes 8.0
    Firmware: Winpwn'd 2.0.1

I have searched a few places and haven't been able to come up with an answer to the problem so far. I hope I haven't completely screwed my phone.

I am scared to use Quickpwn to upgrade my iPhone in fear of screwing my phone completely. I would feel a lot better about things if I could atleast get my phone to a fresh 2.1 state.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan,
    Last edited by ChubbyBear; 2008-09-20 at 05:47 AM.

Quickpwn will NOT upgrade your phone, only jailbreak it.

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling Itunes.

I just installed 8.0 about 10 minutes ago and tried restoring.

No good. I still get the errors.

Any other ideas?

Check this out:
    Podkicks - ituneserrors

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ChubbyBear (2008-09-20)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Check this out:
    Podkicks - ituneserrors
    Thanks for the quick replies!

I will check those out and see if I can work it out.

Thanks again.

Sure enough, you should get it working if you place the phone into DFU mode first. Which is done like this:

1. Itunes open, phone plugged in and turned off.

2. Hold POWER button for 5 secs.

3. WITHOUT letting go of POWER button, now hold HOME button for 10 secs (both held down now)

4. Let go of POWER button and continue to hold HOME button until Itunes recognizes the phone (about 10-20 secs)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Sure enough, you should get it working if you place the phone into DFU mode first. Which is done like this:

1. Itunes open, phone plugged in and turned off.

2. Hold POWER button for 5 secs.

3. WITHOUT letting go of POWER button, now hold HOME button for 10 secs (both held down now)

4. Let go of POWER button and continue to hold HOME button until Itunes recognizes the phone (about 10-20 secs)
    Fixed the problem. Not really sure what I did to fix it exactly but you helped a lot. Thanks again. I would give you a huge hug right now if I could.
    Last edited by ChubbyBear; 2008-09-21 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Fixed my problemz