Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 2G & 3G - jailbreak WINDOWS ONLY

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here
    finally stopped crashing
    I was all happy when I saw the pineapple on the screen but no cydia. hmmm
    Well going to try quickpwn again
    Mine does not ask for username or password
    When I go in to Total Commander I can see cydia There but not on the spring board...hmmmm

Finally got it Still in TotalCommander delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
    Last edited by mr.sparky; 2008-09-13 at 06:15 AM.

Works Flawlessly , Thank you

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I got this from hackint0sh.org

[Tutorial] [QuickPWN] [2.1] [2G 3G] - Jailbreak
    just now sleepers.net has updated its site
    now the following method works for both 3G and 2G phones
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.1 2g and 3g Jailbreak
    Author: BigBoss // Category: jailbreak

This is not the easiest guide, but it is for expert users and early adopters that have a 3g and Windows. The guide is courtesy of Geeb. This guide is for contract carrier subscribers only. If you are unlocking your 2g, wait for another method.

Warning: at this point, no 3rd party apps show up after install. Will update this as soon as we have a solution.

Step 1) Download the 2.1 3g firmware or 2g firmware.

Step 2) Install itunes v8 - you can get all versions of iTunes here.

Step 3) Update the iphone with iTunes and make sure it is activated!

Step 4) Uninstall iTunes v8

Step 5) Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support (From Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel)

Step 6) Install itunes v7.7.*

Step 7) Download quickpwn with the correct 2.1 bundle inside it here.

Step 8) Run quickpwn…select your iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw or iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw from step 1.

Step 9) You can select cydia and installer and logos if you wish (make sure you select Cydia).

Step 10) When it is finished the phone will reboot…Cydia and Installer will NOT be visible

Step 11) Download TotalCommander and t-pot addon

Step 12) Install TotalCommander and in the left pane navigate to T-PoT.1.1.zip and click on it. It will install t-pot automatically.

Step 13) Download the mobileinstallation patch

Step 14) Use Totalcommander to install patched mobileinstallation to /System/Library/PrivateFrameWorks/MobileInstallation.framework … clickon the dropdown box [-\-] top left and select network neighborhood then t-pot. Reme,ber to back up your original mobileinstallation first!

Step 15) Still in TotalCommander delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

Step 16) Reboot the phone and all is good!

Thanks to Geeb and the #xpwn crew…

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got this to work but i didnt have to uninstall itunes 8...i just made sure i made everything apple related stop running before i began the quickpwn process.
    -Cobra

1. With all the updating and uninstalling of iTunes will we have to redo everthing all over again? Ex: add music and video to iTunes? and will all apps will be removed and we have to redl them?
    2. or once we reinstall iTunes 7.7 it will be back to the way it was before?

wait for winpwn 3.0 to come out.

Thanks

I got the file to copy over...but when i restart the phone its a blank screen...no apple or pineapple and no installer or cydia...and i followed all your steps.
    Had this happen too. I searced on Google and found I could use Winpwn 2.3 in quick mode to install the custom logos

Thanks

I have found someone who made an instructional using quickpwn for windows that successfully unlocks and upgrades your 2G & 3G phones to firmware 2.1 but I'm not sure what's the importance from upgrading from 1.1.4 to 2.1. read many have used it and successfully upgraded. Is 2.1 better anyway? What are your opinions on this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12