Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak with jailbreakme.com with 1.1.1 firmware and succeed EVERY TIME!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak with jailbreakme.com with 1.1.1 firmware and succeed EVERY TIME!!!!!
    I have finally found a way to succeed with jailbreaks from jailbreakme.com every time. The fix is a really simple one and will work with any sim card (you don't need to have your ATT sim card).

*please note I am not trying to steal the jailbreak method, but I wanted to list the full method here. The stuff I came up with is in BOLD

1. I assume you have 1.1.1 firmware running. Baseband doesn't matter.
    2. Slide for emergency and dial *#307# and hit call, answer, hold, end call
    3. Click on contacts and enter anything for the name. make a new url and type in prefs://11 Make another url and type jailbreakme.com and save this contact
    4. Click on prefs://11 and it will take you to you setting. go to general>outo lock and select never. go to wifi and connect to the internet via wifi. Once you are connected hit the home screen.
    5. Start itunens but don't have your phone connected to your pc yet. Just have itunes fully running. Slide for emergency and dial 0 and hit call, answer, hold, decline and you are back to contacts. Click on jailbreakme.com and scroll down to where it says "install appsnap"
    6. Plug your phone in, you should hear a sound letting you know your computer recognizes a USB device (the phone will also show that it is connected) and hit "install appsnap" (BEFORE iTunes is done recognizing your phone!!!!!) Everything should crash like normal.
    7. Put the phone down and let it sit. It will reboot and you will be unlocked!

This worked for me on accident once, and for the sake of science i decided to try it again and again. After 5 consecutive tries, each with a success, I assume this method is foolproof (at least more so than just jailbreakme.com itself).

I think the thing that messes the jailbreak method up is the phone going into sleep even though you tell it not to. This same success might be seen with messing with the slide for emergency bar, but I did not try that. This seemed to be easier. The phone idles for a while (long enough that without it being in itunes it would have just given me a black screen) but then is succesfully rebooted and jailbroken.

If you try this, let me know if it works! Good luck!!!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-27 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Clarifying step 6
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

carraig (2008-02-01), euology101 (2008-01-31), okam (2008-01-26), queenofexcess (2008-01-26), sataniccupid (2008-02-27)

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this. I have been trying to get my phone unlocked again (long story) for several hours, only to have to crash and not restart. It has really upset me and I was at the end of my rope. I did what you said in this tutorial and it worked!! Thank you so much for sharing this. I cannot even begin to express how relieved I am to have my phone back!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by queenofexcess View Post
    I just wanted to say thank you so much for this. I have been trying to get my phone unlocked again (long story) for several hours, only to have to crash and not restart. It has really upset me and I was at the end of my rope. I did what you said in this tutorial and it worked!! Thank you so much for sharing this. I cannot even begin to express how relieved I am to have my phone back!
    No problem, glad to have helped. If anyone else uses this method please say so to bump the thread and keep it up. I think it is very useful
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nice find. I didn't want to go through that with my phone to test it a few months ago when I had to restore and I thought something similar (also found by accident)

How long do i have to wait until the iphone reboots? I am very at the end of my rope also. ive tried endless times to jailbreak 1.1.1 but after i go to the jailbreakme.com/install appsnapp, the phone goes to the activate iphone screen and after a while it goes black and no reboot is done. What is wrong with this? plz help me before i pick up a hammer and you know the rest.... bye bye iphone...

after this, how do you use other sim card for the iphone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fwa_77 View Post
    How long do i have to wait until the iphone reboots? I am very at the end of my rope also. ive tried endless times to jailbreak 1.1.1 but after i go to the jailbreakme.com/install appsnapp, the phone goes to the activate iphone screen and after a while it goes black and no reboot is done. What is wrong with this? plz help me before i pick up a hammer and you know the rest.... bye bye iphone...
    You are probably doing it no exactly like I said. Either that or your wifi connection is bad. Reason i say this is because I literally did this 15 times at different times on different phones and it NEVER failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline_GTR View Post
    after this, how do you use other sim card for the iphone?
    This is not for this thread.
    If your phone is 1.1.1 out of the box or earlier use anysim. If your phone is 1.1.2 out of the box or later you can either hardware unlock, or you need to buy a turbosim or equivalent.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-27 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for that, That is great, I spent hours last night trying to get it working and this this time once was the charm. Althogh it did prestent a ifferent issue, not sure if it is related, But it did not install Installer apptapp. My phone is unlocked as I can make calls and send texts although The installer icon is not there. Can you suggest anything?
    Thanks again!

Thanks for that, That is great, I spent hours last night trying to get it working and this this time once was the charm. Although it did present a different issue, not sure if it is related, But it did not install Installer apptapp. My phone is unlocked as I can make calls and send texts although The installer icon is not there. Can you suggest anything?
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Tinsanta; 2008-01-27 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I have finally found a way to succeed with jailbreaks from jailbreakme.com every time. The fix is a really simple one and will work with any sim card (you don't need to have your ATT sim card).

*please note I am not trying to steal the jailbreak method, but I wanted to list the full method here. The stuff I came up with is in BOLD

1. I assume you have 1.1.1 firmware running. Baseband doesn't matter.
    2. Slide for emergency and dial *#307# and hit call, answer, hold, end call
    3. Click on contacts and enter anything for the name. make a new url and type in prefs://11 Make another url and type jailbreakme.com and save this contact
    4. Click on prefs://11 and it will take you to you setting. go to general>outo lock and select never. go to wifi and connect to the internet via wifi. Once you are connected hit the home screen.
    5. Start itunens but don't have your phone connected to your pc yet. Just have itunes fully running. Slide for emergency and dial 0 and hit call, answer, hold, decline and you are back to contacts. Click on jailbreakme.com and scroll down to where it says "install appsnap"
    6. Plug your phone in, you should hear a sound letting you know itunes recognizes an iphone and hit "install appsnap" Everything should crash like normal.
    7. Put the phone down and let it sit. It will reboot and you will be unlocked!

This worked for me on accident once, and for the sake of science i decided to try it again and again. After 5 consecutive tries, each with a success, I assume this method is foolproof (at least more so than just jailbreakme.com itself).

I think the thing that messes the jailbreak method up is the phone going into sleep even though you tell it not to. This same success might be seen with messing with the slide for emergency bar, but I did not try that. This seemed to be easier. The phone idles for a while (long enough that without it being in itunes it would have just given me a black screen) but then is succesfully rebooted and jailbroken.

If you try this, let me know if it works! Good luck!!!

hey, this might be a long post... but i'll try to make it short.

so my carrier is t-mobile. i updated it and i had invalid SIM, so i went to have it fixed, and they gave me back the phone fixed- without the installer application. i want the installer application, so i'm doing what you said, except the emergency call #307# cause my phone can still go to the springboard. I went to jailbreakme.com and it goes back to the springboard, but it doesn't reboot and install it. it just stays on the sprinboard (since it's on auto-never, and i have it plugged onto iTunes in addition). how long do I have to wait? or does it not work? Please help me, I really want 3rd party applications. or appsnap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by memoriesx33 View Post
    hey, this might be a long post... but i'll try to make it short.

so my carrier is t-mobile. i updated it and i had invalid SIM, so i went to have it fixed, and they gave me back the phone fixed- without the installer application. i want the installer application, so i'm doing what you said, except the emergency call #307# cause my phone can still go to the springboard. I went to jailbreakme.com and it goes back to the springboard, but it doesn't reboot and install it. it just stays on the sprinboard (since it's on auto-never, and i have it plugged onto iTunes in addition). how long do I have to wait? or does it not work? Please help me, I really want 3rd party applications. or appsnap.
    It sounds to me like you are not running firmware 1.1.1
    YOU NEED firmware 1.1.1 to run jailbreakme.com .tiff exploit. Just do a restore to 1.1.1 (there is another guide for this in the forums) and use my method. It will work!

okay so what do i do if after trying this method it just says call failed and locks up?

100% the phone is on 1.1.1

Unfortuantely, this method still doesn't work for me. I did the steps and hit Install AppSnapp after iTunes deteced the phone and waited. About 10 minutes later, my phone lights up and says Call Failed, so I do a soft restart. Once my phone boots back up, it says waiting for activation, and I can not do anything until I restore in iTunes, then have to upgrade back to 1.1.2 to make the phone fuctional. Guess I'm just unfortunate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youngbloodz View Post
    Unfortuantely, this method still doesn't work for me. I did the steps and hit Install AppSnapp after iTunes deteced the phone and waited. About 10 minutes later, my phone lights up and says Call Failed, so I do a soft restart. Once my phone boots back up, it says waiting for activation, and I can not do anything until I restore in iTunes, then have to upgrade back to 1.1.2 to make the phone fuctional. Guess I'm just unfortunate.
    Call failed? Sounds like you are getting locked up somewhere and the phone is trying to make a call. If anything it should lock up on the activation screen. Best thing I cann recommend is to try on another wifi I guess
    Like i said it has worked for me foolproof now at least 25 times. All my friends just bring their phones to me for troubleshooting.

You don;t hit appsnap after itunes detects the phone. You want to hit it when you hear the sound of the phone connecting to the pc (on windows the sound is a dah-dun, not sure about mac)

I edited my procedure a bit to try and make it even more clear
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-27 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well yeah, i heard the "dah-dun" sound, hit Install AppSnapp, phone crashed to Actiavtion screen like normal, waited 10 minutes, said Call Failed and had to restore and upgrade back.

To add, when I put my phone on the dock, it did turn black after about 20-30 seconds just like it did whenever it was unplugged.
    Last edited by youngbloodz; 2008-01-27 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

okay. i've restored the phone, so now it's like 1.1.3 version on itunes.. i did everything you said, but when i clicked decline, it went back to the "slide for emergency" screen. i went to the contacts screen by accident. it was weird... but now i can't do it again. help me >_< my parents are going to be so pissed when they find out i wreaked it for the second time.. i wish i didn't do anything the first time. i want the installer.app T_T but I don' tknow how to get it... do you? or is that the same thing as apptapp? anyway..
    i wish i could just show you the phone and then you can help me.. =[

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2 days trying to figure this out... I figured it was the sleep mode, but hitting the (i) to see the IMEI didn't help. You're the man tho.

Thanks

Bumping this because there are alot of people redoing their jailbreaks now that there is an official unlock for all versions of the iphone (and people don;t seem to be able to do a search to find this tut)