Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Independence Callback Error??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Independence Callback Error??
    When attempting to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 everything goes well until I run Independence 1.3.2 beta. It gives me an error screen that says....

FAILURE. Error registering for callbacks from iPhone.

What does this mean? I am running itunes 7.4.2. I also ran an earlier version of Independence that checked my mobile device and I directed it to the one that I downloaded (7.4.2 framework) but it still gave me the same FAILURE message. I have downgraded prior versions with no trouble using Independence so this is a new problem for me. I searched the threads for as much as I could to see if this had already been covered and didn't find anything, so I apologize if it is somewhere deeeeep in the thread abyss.

I have an original iphone (purchased day they went on sale) and have modded upgraded, downgraded, pretty much everything you can do successfully in the past. I have not unlocked (with original AT&T) my phone only jailbreaked in the past.

Thanks for anyone help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

same here,
    does anyone know anything about this,
    im a mac wiz and this seems to have confussed me.
    someone must know something!!! ive been iphoneless for 3 days now and it sucks, please help us

Default maybe here?
    See if there's anything useful in another thread:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...176#post158176

Cheers,

Johnny Crash

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Crash For This Useful Post:

dr33Rocks (2008-01-23), loocfa (2008-01-24)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Independence...
    Well I've spend the whole weekend trying to crack that nut.
    Don't know if it helps but here is my solution:
    My iPhone didn't show in iTunes 7.6 so I installed 7.5 (had to modify some iTunes Library-files to make it work) and with the iPhone plugged in I upgraded the 7.5 to 7.6 and then the iPhone showed up. And that was also the solution to iNdependence.
    Because before no version of Ind. worked (1.2, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 beta) but know that my iTunes and iPhone were buddies Independence was happy to join the squad. Do have major problems upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 with iTunes 7.6 though.
    Hope u can use the info to figure out your way. =)
    /william

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williamlarsson For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I fixed this by going to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ and deleting the MobileDevice.framework folder. Make sure you securly empty the trash. Then reinstall iTunes 7.5. It will work perfectly now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishimaru For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, after trying everything I could think of, I finally updated to itunes 7.6 (after previously deleting and installing 7.4.2 because that is what a thread said to do) and that seemed to fix the problem for me too. I still had a problem with my phone not working even after downgrading the baseband, so ended up virginizing (even though I have only jailbreaked NOT unlocked) and took care of it all. Now i'm a former 1.1.3 sucker who is happily hacking my 1.1.1 iphone once again. Thanks for everyone replies.

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks to a combo of all the guys above i figured out this issue,
    i used iNdependence. 131
    itunes 75
    deleted /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ and deleting the MobileDevice.framework folder, as recommended by Ishimaru (awesome idea)
    and reinstalled itunes 7.5
    worked straight off.

it stopped the itunes error 1604 and the call back error on iNdependence.
    and im running os x 10.5 on intel mac.

now i have my phone jailbroken, and rocking 1.1.1,
    thanks a million to all above you saved my iphone

ive been trying to downgrade my iphone from 113 forever now, and i couldnt get independ to kick it out of recovery, will try the 7.5 method above now and pray that it works, but once i get back to 1.1.1, does anybody know the best way to repair the baseband? i never have and don't want to unlock, i just want to get back to 111 baseband so i can update to 112, any ideas anyone ..? thanks so much in advance

just add 'i.unlock.no' to your installer sources and use baseband downgr in installer/install/unlocking tools
    after that restore to 111 again
    then indepce and jailbreak w *#307#

Cheers jc

Hi,
    I have a new iphone bought in NYC but it came in 1.1.3. Is it possible to unlock it even if i use just like an ipod at lest until someone devellop a unblock system for those who bought the iphone already in 1.1.3 ?
    I tried all the possibles to downgrade, itunes 7.4, independence beta, call backs, etc. But i think the problem is that i'm using methods of iphones in originally 1.1.2 or before the new 1.1.3. So all those metods are just for those who whants to upload their "ancien" version. Am I right ?
    THANKS !
    ƒ
    __-------
    Problems ok now ! Crash helped me, it was the problem in the way i made my POWER+HOME manipulation. Now i have a iphone like ipod touch but can't use my SIM and so, telephone. Now i'd like to know: IS IT POSSIBLE to use my telephone utilities in my Iphone bought out of box 1.1.3 in 04.03.13_G ? Now after restore 1.1.1, i have a 1.1.1 but still in 04.03.13_G. Thanks a lot Johnny! Others can help ?
    Last edited by rodfeld; 2008-02-04 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Lucky !

hey how do I access the /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework folder?

I don’t know where to locate this.

Any help pls?