Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OktoPrep crashing during install

Default OktoPrep crashing during install
    OktoPrep gets about a quarter into the install process and then crashes Installer. Anybody else experiencing this issue when trying to update their iPhone from 1.1.1?

iPhone history:
    Unlocked and operational 1.1.1 firmware
    Updated to 1.1.2, restored back to 1.1.1
    Jailbroken, and then unlocked successfully.
    Now stuck because OktoPrep keeps crashing.
    Restarted iPhone does not correct.

I'm having the exact same problem, and I've had the same history too. I jailbroke my phone earlier in the morning, then I tried again recently and OktoPrep crashes. We aren't the only ones...there's a thread on macrumors too.

The earliest post on this I have seen is 7:21pm. I think the OktoPrep source file is corrupted. Hopefully sitting tight will fix the problem.

hI im also getting the same problem
    my phone keeps on crashing while oppening the oktoprep
    curiously i can use it on another iphone maybe it has sometehing to do with previously unlock methods or something is corrupt on the iphone?

my locked (never unlocked) iphone couldn't get Oktoprep to install... I tried around midnight with no luck. Hopefully the source is fixed soon...

@Davioxx: Your the same Davioxx from the E2 community right? Nice to see you!

For now, I'm on 1.1.2 f/w as if it is OTB... Hopefully this will resolve soon!

maybe your out of memory

Out of memory? On a fresh 1.1.1 installation? I doubt it

Yeah. No amount of restoring/restarting fixes this problem. I have noticed that the installer is version 3.0b8, which is something that I had to update to on my first unlocking. Maybe 3.0b8 and OktoPrep don't get along well, and now we're forced to use the new installer that was beta only a few hours ago. Don't know.

I hope someone will make an announcement when its fixed so we can try again!

Default any luck yet?
    anyone has new info?
    please post
    thanks

I've got he same problem here, has somebody any idea??
    is it possible to install oktoprep without the installer??

there is another thread floating around that allegedly has the oktoprep files. However, we don't know how to install them properly

try this dont know if it works for sure
    Hi,

I had exactly the same probem. I walkarounded it by doing this:

1) You need SSH installed on iPhone
    2) Download and unzip http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/zips/OktoPrep.zip
    3) Put sbin/mknod file to /sbin/ on your iPhone via ssh
    4) When you finally have mknod file on your iPhone, login via ssh to it and type the following command:
    /sbin/mknod ~/Media/disk c 14 1
    NOTE - You must do it on your iPhone, not on your Mac!
    5) Voila, you don't need Oktoprep anymore, you can safely update to 1.1.2 and launch jailbreak.jar - works for me..

Quote Originally Posted by eyallevi9 View Post
    try this dont know if it works for sure
    Hi,

I had exactly the same probem. I walkarounded it by doing this:

3) Put sbin/mknod file to /sbin/ on your iPhone via ssh
    4) When you finally have mknod file on your iPhone, login via ssh to it and type the following command:
    NOTE - You must do it on your iPhone, not on your Mac!
    5) Voila, you don't need Oktoprep anymore, you can safely update to 1.1.2 and launch jailbreak.jar - works for me..
    yeah, looks like it's workin' . i do above steps and now I'm on 1.1.2 jailbreaked using jailbreak1.1.2 . And now unlocking using anysim 1.2.1u...

hi,c an someone explain in detail what this mean?

thanks.

sorry for a noob question.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zichan View Post
    yeah, looks like it's workin' . i do above steps and now I'm on 1.1.2 jailbreaked using jailbreak1.1.2 . And now unlocking using anysim 1.2.1u...
    Sorry, this is not working for me.

Terminal says "Process completed" after I enter 2 letters.

Likewise, Putty and Terminal throw me out of the phone

Does this mean I have to wait for a functional Oktoprep?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm getting this in Terminal when I type the command:

zsh: permission denied: /sbin/mknod

Any ideas?

for those who cant enter the command in terminal, install term-vt100 on your iphone and type the command there.

if that doesnt work, reinstall bsd subsystem on your iPhone and reinstall termvt-100 as well

Quote Originally Posted by doblezeta View Post
    for those who cant enter the command in terminal, install term-vt100 on your iphone and type the command there.

if that doesnt work, reinstall bsd subsystem on your iPhone and reinstall termvt-100 as well
    WORKED YES

THANK YOU!!!

Default More detailed instructions for everyone
    There's a manual solution to this for those who can't wait for oktoprep to get fixed.

In Installer, download and install:
    BSD Subsystem
    OpenSSH (if you don't have an SSH app installed on your iPhone yet)
    Term-VT100

3) Put the mknod file in the sbin directory that was extracted from the file you just downloaded to the sbin directory of your iPhone using an SSH application (Fugu or Cyberduck for Mac, Putty for Windows). You'll get a prompt to overwrite if you put the file in the correct folder on your iPhone.

4) When you finally have mknod file on your iPhone, restart it, then launch Term-VT on your iPhone and type:

then Restart iPhone.

5) You're now oktoprepped, you can safely update to 1.1.2 and launch jailbreak.jar

Yes, thanks.

The problem with a couple of people (including myself) was that Terminal couldn't be run.

The solution was to reinstall both BSD subsystem and terminal.

Then it worked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast