Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OktoPrep crashing during install

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Oktoprep seems to be working from the installer again or at least it just did for me...

Default Solution
    Guys I found out what the problem was, make sure that, before the 1.1.2 upgrade process that you have an unlocked version 1.1.1 iphone with modem firmware 04.01.13_G. then the install works.

See this post of mine at iphoneally! Restore to 1.1.1, downgrade your baseband (see post and unock.iphone.no), restore to 1.1.1 then unlock and anysim your iphone like it says in iphone.unlock.no then follow the guide on
    hacktheiphone.com to complete the procedure.

http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2626

Acoisa
    Last edited by Acoisa; 2007-11-26 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Link

page not found

Octo loaded for me on my 1.1.1. Now, how does one get the 1.1.2 jailbreak filed in the phone?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acoisa View Post
    Guys I found out what the problem was, make sure that, before the 1.1.2 upgrade process that you have an unlocked version 1.1.1 iphone with modem firmware 04.01.13_G. then the install works.

See this post of mine at iphoneally! Restore to 1.1.1, downgrade your baseband (see post and unock.iphone.no), restore to 1.1.1 then unlock and anysim your iphone like it says in iphone.unlock.no then follow the guide on
    hacktheiphone.com to complete the procedure.

http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2626

Acoisa
    Another issue that is causing the Oktoprep/1.1.2 jailbreak to fail is caused by a left-over symlink from the 1.1.1 jail break.

For some people there is link between /var/root/Media -> / that is not getting deleted after the jailbreak.

This remaining link causes 2 problems that I can detect.

1. iTunes reports a size of only 300mb. This is because the media directory now points to the root partition which is formatted for 300mb.

2. This will cause Oktoprep to fail since the "disk" device file that is created in /var/root/Media actually gets created in / which is bad (since Media is a link to /). That means that the file gets wiped during the upgrade to 1.1.2 which is why jailbreak.jar (windows.bat) reports that Oktoprep wasn't done.

Do the following to remove the link:

1. ssh (or putty) into the iPhone
    2. ls -l /var/root/Media
    3. if it returns Media -> / then do the following:
    a. rm /var/root/Media
    b. mv /var/root/Media.old /var/root/Media

Next redo the Oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, then 1.1.2 jailbreak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12