Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakme.com trouble

Default Jailbreakme.com trouble
    I had a 1.1.3 clean iphone, and wanted to get it unlocked. I followed the steps here (Guide: How to use the 1.1.3 jailbreak on any iPhone (Mac/Windows) - iPhone Atlas) and got to the point of using jailbreakme.com But whenever I go there The page doesn't load at all. All i get is a small amount of the loading bar before I get the message "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." Even when I go there on my computer, it wont load. I'm positive im on 1.1.1, im on wifi, and my iphone is plugged in to my computer. Also, I've got the incorrect SIM message, and itunes wont work with my phone because of this, if thats relevant.

Help for a noob?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingv123 View Post
    I had a 1.1.3 clean iphone, and wanted to get it unlocked. I followed the steps here (Guide: How to use the 1.1.3 jailbreak on any iPhone (Mac/Windows) - iPhone Atlas) and got to the point of using jailbreakme.com But whenever I go there The page doesn't load at all. All i get is a small amount of the loading bar before I get the message "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding." Even when I go there on my computer, it wont load. I'm positive im on 1.1.1, im on wifi, and my iphone is plugged in to my computer. Also, I've got the incorrect SIM message, and itunes wont work with my phone because of this, if thats relevant.

Help for a noob?
    The guide that you were using is quite old. You should restore your phone to 1.1.4 with itunes and then use one of the newer jailbreak softwares. If you have a mac, use the pwnage tool 1.1 or if you are using windows, I suggest you use iliberty+. The are many guides for either of these softwares.

Thanks for the help. how exactly should I go about that? my iphone wont connect to itunes because of the SIM card issue. how should I get rid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingv123 View Post
    Thanks for the help. how exactly should I go about that? my iphone wont connect to itunes because of the SIM card issue. how should I get rid of that?
    You will need to put the phone into DFU mode. Do this by holding the POWER and HOME buttons for 10 seconds or so until the screen turns BLACK. While still holding the HOME button release the POWER button and plug into your computer, Itunes should recognize the phone after 20 seconds or so. After it is recognized, let go of the HOME button and then restore back to 1.1.4