Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easy!!!! Directions On Jailbreaking 1.1.2 Iphone Firmware!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Easy!!!! Directions On Jailbreaking 1.1.2 Iphone Firmware!!!!
    Okayy,
    so as a lot of windows users are expiriencing, it's hard to get back to the 1.1.1 firmware from 1.1.2. But you don't even NEED to be on 1.1.1 to jailbreak the 1.1.2 firmware; just use iBrickr to downgrade to 1.0.2. Then, once done jailbreaking the 1.0.2 firmware, go to Browse applications>Greg's Installer 2.63(im not sure if that's the exact number version)The click it and it will upload to your phone. From there, install the following items off of installer on your phone: BSD subsystem, SSH client, MobileFinder, and most importantly OktoPrep.after those things are installed, upgrade your iphone. once your iphone is running on firmware 1.1.2, on your computer, head over to: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

download the file provided by the link once you arrive at that page. Once you unzip the file, click on the executable file named jailbreak.jar
    Once you click on it a box should pop up with a password box containg the word alpine. Change this ONLY if you have changed your SSH client password. next to the password box is a checkbox, check it if you want, which is what i did. FINALLY, press the "jailbreak" buttton and let it be for how ever long it takes.
    there shouldd be some instructions at the end telling you to re-boot your phone. After you re-boot your phone, unlock it and your phone should automattically reboot itself. then youre done!
    i hope this works as well for you as it did for me

P.S.
    ibrickr can be a little tricky when downgrading, so if you need help just message me =]

Okay, so I went through the steps, and tried to update to 1.1.2, and it wouldn't update. So, the only way to fix my phone was to restore it to factory settings, with the automatic update to 1.1.2, however, by then the OktoPrep, and the other necessary programs weren't on my phone. So, I couldn't jailbreak it. I then tried downgrading to 1.0.2, and it wouldn't allow me to do so. Help me please.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

this happened to me too; you probably took the phone out too early.

Okay so heres the who "iBrickr" proccess:
    you open up ibrickr and it will saw either "boot phone" or "downgrade to 1.0.2"..
    click downgrade to 1.0.2 and then head over to itunes, and get on your iphone device panel/screen and hold shift, and while holding shift, press restore. select 1.0.2. at the end an error will pop up, that supposed to happen. Head back over to ibrickr and select the option "itunes says restore failed, says connect to itunes"(im not sure if that's what the MIDDLE OPTION says, if not, just choose the middle option ibrickr gives you. from there ibrickr should take you to a screen saying itunes is grumpy, press the fix it button. a message should pop up in itunes, just ignore it for now, but in five to six minutes press the okay button, exit ibrickr, and start ibrick back up again. click the Free My iPhone! button, and your iphone should start showing a bunch of text fly down your screen. about thirty seconds into the flying text, it should say done at the bottom, but it's not really done, just let ibrickr sit for 6 or 7 more minutes, or how ever long it takes until theres a button that says "sweet" on ibrickr. from there follow i brickr's and my instructions from the post. i hope this helped =]

Okay, so I downgraded to 1.0.2 firmware again using Ibrickr. I went through all the steps just like you said. However, when I tried to upgrade to the 1.1.2 firmware Itunes gave me an error message, and said that I must restore my phone. So, then I lost all my previously installed programs, Installer, Mobilefinder, etc. Now, the only thing I can do is to restore my phone to factory settings with the automatic upgrade to 1.1.2. However, then I won't have the Oktoprep in order to download the conceitedsoftware. Help me!!!

i have the same problem too.
    dunno what to do now...

Quote Originally Posted by Inutz View Post
    Okay, so I downgraded to 1.0.2 firmware again using Ibrickr. I went through all the steps just like you said. However, when I tried to upgrade to the 1.1.2 firmware Itunes gave me an error message, and said that I must restore my phone. So, then I lost all my previously installed programs, Installer, Mobilefinder, etc. Now, the only thing I can do is to restore my phone to factory settings with the automatic upgrade to 1.1.2. However, then I won't have the Oktoprep in order to download the conceitedsoftware. Help me!!!

you need to restore it using the shift/option click restore to 1.1.1 in itunes and basically keep doing that until itunes takes 1.1.2. I had to do it 3 or 4 times to be honest. Just kept going back to independence and entering DFU mode until it finally took and I had a locked, unactivated iphone in 1.1.2 mode. I really had no choice since my phone wouldnt work in 1.1.1 ith the NO SERVICE message

I will have to try this out!