Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 Jailbreak gauranteed! (intel mac only)

Default 1.1.2 Jailbreak gauranteed! (intel mac only)
    I got this from iPhone Alley, and it DOES work. I am running 1.1.2 jailbroken, installer works fine, so do the apps. I'm about to install anysim 1.2 to see if I can unlock for TMobile...

Sync and pray
    Sync your iPhone with iTunes. You may lose all of your information if something goes wrong, so it's a good idea to back up.
    Create Symlink
    Visit Jailbreakme.com and jailbreak your iPhone. When it's finished, you should have Installer.app on your home screen. If you already have Installer, you don't need to do this step.
    Plug iPhone in and open iTunes. Make sure that you have the "Update" button available in iTunes before proceeding.
    Open up Installer, navigate to the "Tweaks (1.1.1)" category, and install "OktoPrep".
    Upgrade to v1.1.2
    Download the 1.1.2 Software update/restore package from Apple. If Safari unzips the file, grab the original from your trash and remove the .zip extension so that it reads iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw
    In iTunes, hold option and click "Upgrade". At the prompt, select the iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw file.
    Once upgraded to 1.1.2, close iTunes.
    Jailbreak
    Download iPHUC and friends from Rapidshare
    Extract the contents so that iphuc, fstab, and iphonefs are all on the Desktop
    If you don't have libreadline, download it and extract the zip to your Macintosh HD
    Open Terminal.app located in Applications>Utilities
    Type cd ~/Desktop and hit return
    Type ./iphuc and hit return
    Type getfile disk iphonefs/disk 314572800 and hit return. This will take about five minutes so grab something to drink in the meantime. Once complete, there will be a file named "disk" in your "iphonefs" folder
    Add .dmg to the end of the file. It should end up being disk.dmg
    Double click the file to mount it
    Open the newly mounted Oktoberfest3B48b.UserBundle drive and open the "etc" folder. Replace the fstab file inside the "etc" folder with the supplied fstab file.
    Download AppTapp Installer from Nullriver and place it on your desktop.
    Control click "AppTapp Installer" and click "Show Package Contents". Navigate to Contents>Resources. Copy Installer.app from the "Resources" folder over into the "Applications" folder inside Oktoberfest3B48b.UserBundle. Do the same for libarmfp.dylib, placing it inside usr>lib instead of Applications.
    Unmount the image and feel free to close any open Finder windows.
    Back in Terminal, assuming that you've kept iPHUC up and running, type putfile iphonefs/disk.dmg disk/ and hit return. This will take another minute or so. When it's finished, reboot the iPhone and close Terminal. You're jailbroken!
    After the phone reboots, activate with iTunes and uninstall "OktoPrep" using Installer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobzking For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (2007-11-10)

Nice Work
    So who's going to be second?

i've been 2nd and 3rd already i have to keep restoring my iPhone because that anysim 1.2 keeps locking up my poor phone

hmmm...this sounds promising...

if the 1.1.2 is jailbroken - will the Cloud wifi still be free?

Does SMS from non numeric senders now work Jacob? This would be a worth while update if it does .

i got all the way to uploading the disk.dmg and got this... can anyone help :P
    --
    (iPHUC) /: putfile iphonefs/disk.dmg disk/
    putfile: Failed to open remote file: 1

Try it without the trailing forward slash on disk/ if you are on leopard just use disk.

Quote Originally Posted by RchGrav View Post
    Try it without the trailing forward slash on disk/ if you are on leopard just use disk.
    Had the same problem

Dropped the trailing slash and all is right with the world.

Nice find Jacob. Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by HelioPause View Post
    Uh, what's Symlink?
    It's the process of opening the TIFF exploit under 1.1.1. (The process you go through when you run Jailbreakme.com's AppSnapp)
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-11-11 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

any unlocked handsets w this method yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

what alterations would i make for the jailbreak process on a PC
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

when I did: (iPHUC) /: getfile disk iphonefs/disk 314572800
    I got:

getfile: Failed to open remote file: 8

Would my command be any different since I'm using Leopard?

My iTunes is definitely closed, and OPT is on my Macintosh HD folder. I also ran OktoPrep succesfully.

Thanks in advance,

R

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    what alterations would i make for the jailbreak process on a PC
    I don't know if you can

iphuc is Intel Mac only. You'd need something that does the same thing as iphuc
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    I don't know if you can

iphuc is Intel Mac only. You'd need something that does the same thing as iphuc

Wait... since when is iPHUC for Intel Macs only?
    There's plenty of Windows compiled iPHUC copies distributed all over the place.

Our problem doesn't lie in accessing the iPhone... I believe our problem is that we can't get into the disk file once we take it off the iPhone (it's in dmg format which Windows doesn't understand).

I suppose we could convert the dmg to an iso and then back somehow.

Or use MacDrive or one of those programs.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

@Drakenza :
    You don't really need to mount the file, you could just edit it with a hex edit (I use hexworkshop), search the file for "/dev/disk0s1 / hfs ro 0 1" string and replace the 'ro' with 'rw' it should not affect the dmg file consistency in any way since you will be overwriting one character and the filesize won't change (there's no file checksum in the file system as far as I know). Once you're done, that's it, just save the disk file, and use iphuc to putfile in the system.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I got the file, hexedited it to be rw...but before I put the file back on...what would be the next step after this? Use iPhuc to put AppTapp on it or SSH or something?

Also if I put the altered disk image and there's some issue with it, can I still restore it or put back on the original disk image that wasn't modified?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast