Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fully unlocked phone - Yet iBrickr saying it needs to be freed?

Question Fully unlocked phone - Yet iBrickr saying it needs to be freed?
    Hi all, please take the time to read this and assist if possible..
    I have been using my fully unlocked iphone (1.0.2) on the Vodafone network with no hassles, calls/texts etc and this includes using installer to install several applications hassle free.

I then installed iBrickr as an easy way to manage ringtones/applications, long story short summerboard screwed out and froze the iphone on the apple logo screen and I needed to replace "displayorder" and "services.plist" via iBrickr to get it going again - once the files were replace things worked beautifully.

However now when I open iBrickr it says I need to free my iphone?? Yet the phone is 100% unlocked (still calling/txting fine) and operational and running 1.0.2, I assume this is because of the 'new' files on the phone.

My question is.. Is there any risk in my jailbreaking again? Is there such a thing as 'rejailbreaking'? I did not do the unlock myself, the phone was purchased from an importer unlocked with installer all ready to go...

Should I free the phone via iBrickr? Is this risky or not? I obviously do not want to lock/brick the phone. Can anyone provide some guidance or advise?

Thank you for reading and thank you for your help, have a great day..

I dont think there is any risk involved. You can go ahead and re"free your iPhone".

When completeing the jailbreak ('Free my iphone' un iBrickr) is it normal to see 'Matrix Like' black and white coding on the iPhone??

If you replaced services.plist with an Apple original, that would remove the afc2 service that iBrickr uses to access the filesystem. Search the forums for afc2 to see how to modify Services.plist to include the afc2 service and give iBrickr access.