Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use iBrickr/iPhoneBrowser on v1.1.1 with - afc2 services.plist

I'm having the same problem as Cynikal.Mindset. I go into finder and go to library\lockdown. (There is no system\library\lockdown)

When i get into the lockdown folder, there is no services file. So, I just paste the services I downloaded into lockdown, but nothing happens.

We are both definitely missing something here. And I think it's the original services file.

UPDATE:: Just as i suspected, for whatever reason, I cannot get into the system folder through MobileFinder. I ended up using winscp to do the whole thing. ibrickr and iphonebrowser are both fully working now ;]
    Last edited by realisticmind1; 2007-11-02 at 10:13 AM.
    I'd rather be on two wheels.

hmm, i also do not have an original services list in my system/library/lockdown folder,.

I amusing mobile finder - their is activation records folder, pair records folder, device private and public keys and a data_ark.plist.

I cant use winscp because i cant friggin get my wi-fi to work. I have changed my router to no security, and tried with wep and wpa encryptions. my wifi is never detected. It was detected once, worked, and is now gone. I have tried turning on airplane mode, turning off wifi and back on. no avail.

my network wireless is running, im typing on my laptop with it, but since about 2 days ago it hasnt worked and i cant figure how to get on wifi to use ssh or winscp. and i cant get this to work with mobile finder: (

thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX636R2004 View Post
    This is what i did:

Open Iphonebrowser
    U will see the four folders
    Add a Documents folder
    Add the downloaded services.plist to Documents folder
    Exit iphonebrowser
    Make sure you have MobileFinder downloaded to your iPhone use Installer to get it.
    Open Finder
    Goto top right corner and click on ~ button
    You should see Documents Folder
    Open it and Copy Services.plist
    Goto /System/Library/Lockdown/
    paste Services.plist there
    Reboot Iphone
    Open Iphonebrowser
    You should have full access to system files now on your iPhone.

Note: U should backup your existing Services.plist
    I just renamed the orginal one to ServicesB.plist

Hope this helps. = )
    I've been having the same issue with the large majority of the people here not having the original playlist file in the lockdown folder. This is as far as I have got:

1. Jailbreakme.com
    2. Installed BSD Subsystem
    3. Installed Community Services
    4. Installed Mobilefinder

Using ZX636R2004's easy method, I transferred the "Playlist" file into
    System/Library/Lockdown folder using Mobilefinder. Like the large majority of the people here, I did not see any original Playlist file; Rebooted, and nothing happened. I am unable to gain full read/right access in Iphonebrowser 1.4. I also tried the later revision of the Playlist file and again, nothing happened. Up to this point everything went smoothly. Could someone please clarify? Thank you in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you have the "Show Hidden Files" option turned on in finder settings to see all the files.

RenagadeRon,

You are exactly right! I forgot about that option to turn on in Finder. Go thinking!!!!!

I am just curious as to what the difference between the two files are. I used the first one with no problems like a week ago. Why was a second one needed?

Reako

For those that say they don't have a services.plist file when they look in Library/Lockdown is because you're looking in the wrong Lockdown directory. You're looking at /var/root/Library/Lockdown when you should be looking in /System/Library/Lockdown. I made the same mistake. Hope this helps. Just got my iPhone on Thursday and the things that you guys have come up with is absolutely astonishing. Kudos to everyone and their hard work.

okay, i figured it out...make sure in mobile finder settings have "file system access" on aswell as show hidden files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    I am just curious as to what the difference between the two files are. I used the first one with no problems like a week ago. Why was a second one needed?

Reako
    the first one was for 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. iphones,,,and the second one is for OTB 1.1.1.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

Cynikal.Mindset (2007-11-04), Donald.Brown01 (2007-11-14), vtecnturbo (2007-11-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Yata!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xx1479 View Post
    For those that say they don't have a services.plist file when they look in Library/Lockdown is because you're looking in the wrong Lockdown directory. You're looking at /var/root/Library/Lockdown when you should be looking in /System/Library/Lockdown. I made the same mistake. Hope this helps. Just got my iPhone on Thursday and the things that you guys have come up with is absolutely astonishing. Kudos to everyone and their hard work.
    xx1479 you are a genius!!! That was the problem and it worked. Full read/write access! Thank you very much!

Thanks the info is awsome. i set it up as you say and it shows all folders.
    i am still new to this modding but it seems like iphonebrowser & winscp do the same thing, one just does via wifi.
    is there a major advantage one has over the other??

i downloaded the iphonebrowser(install) and i clicked on the setup and it then said unable to load ItunesMobileDevice.dll...where do i need to copy this file to?

EDIT: nevermind i just downloaded the exe's and it worked fine
    Last edited by watsony250; 2007-11-04 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was like wtf, mine worked fine?? Haha

Reako

Thanks

lol,i figed it would cause some confusion!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

Cynikal.Mindset (2007-11-07), Donald.Brown01 (2007-11-14)

where is the /System/Library/Lockdown? how can i find it using mobile finder for example?
    Last edited by dichman; 2007-11-07 at 11:16 AM.

the latest jailbreakme.com as of 11/7 includes this automatically.

To find it in MobileFinder, you must have System File Access turned on in Settings, then go to /System/Library/Lockdown

i have used the 1st file.. but after replacing it with the stock Services.plist, ibirckr n iphonebrowser can detect n transfer files to it but now winscp cant detect it.. any help?

Replacing your Services.plist file removed the SSH service entry that you need for WinSCP.

I would suggest re-installing OpenSSH.

i am able to access everything, add/ delete files. i did everything you guys said. but i cannot get my tones to show up on my iphone after i power on/off. what could possibly have happened?

Jailbreakme.com already patches this..
    So once you Jailbreak you can use iBrickr and IphoneBroswers immediatly!

Thanks!!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast