Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ibrickr for 1.1.1

Default Ibrickr for 1.1.1
    Anybody know anything about an Ibrickr for 1.1.1?? Is the guy that makes it even working on one?? I know alot of people use this program so any update would be great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hocplyr12 View Post
    Anybody know anything about an Ibrickr for 1.1.1?? Is the guy that makes it even working on one?? I know alot of people use this program so any update would be great!!!!
    I'm sure he's working on it, but it's a lot of work. Think about it, it has to jailbreak, upload ringtones, upload files, upload and install and remove apps, and even more. That's a lot of work to do, theres only 1 one step jailbreaker out there now. I'm sure he just needs some time

Yeah i know its a lot of work and i figured he was working on it. Just hoping maybe if he read this post maybe he could give us an update on about how long it would be.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iBrickr v0.91
    Hi Everyone,

iBrickr v0.91 is the latest version. Loaded onto my windows program and have it working.

The only issue I have is the ringtone uploader. I don't know for some reason its not loading the ringtones. Can't find it in sounds unlike when i was on 1.0.2 with the old iBrickr.

Anybody have the same problems? If you have a fix, can you PM me?
    Last edited by mixi92; 2007-10-23 at 06:01 AM.

Currently the new iBrickr does not upload ringtones. It just doesn't work with the new firmware. And Nate, the creator, fried his iPhone so the development of this app is going to be haulted until he grabs a new one.

Reako

Thanks

Use iPhoneBrowser v1.4, it works on v1.1.1

iBrickr can't jailbreak 1.1.1 but file browsing should still work.

Apple took away easy ringtones and it is much harder to create them now, and keep them when syncing, so that isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    iBrickr can't jailbreak 1.1.1 but file browsing should still work.

Apple took away easy ringtones and it is much harder to create them now, and keep them when syncing, so that isn't working.
    No it does not.

iBrickr 0.91 doesn't recognize a 1.1.1 jailbreak. It sees 1.1.1 and all it will allow you to do is downgrade
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    No it does not.

iBrickr 0.91 doesn't recognize a 1.1.1 jailbreak. It sees 1.1.1 and all it will allow you to do is downgrade

Second that...
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

It (should) depend on the type of jailbreak you did.

If your jailbreak process (e.g. touchfree v5) did not create an afc2 service, than iBrickr has no access to the filesystem and you must first create the service.

I have seen posts from others stating that it works. I'll test it when I get home to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    Use iPhoneBrowser v1.4, it works on v1.1.1
    yeah i tried that, and its not showing all of the folders, only a few of them in the root directory...

idk if this has anything to do with it, but i used the iDemocracy way to jailbreak 1.1.1

iPhoneBrowser falls back to the standard, in jail, afc service that iTunes uses if you do not have an afc2 service.

You need to modify your services.plist to include afc2. Search the forums here for afc2 directions.

Confirmed that iBrickr works just like iPhoneBrowser when a real jailbreak is done on firmware 1.1.1 (fighting the terminology battle). I can see folders, it offers to install the PXL daemon (does that work with Installer 3?), etc.

None of the new, one-touch programs for Windows that I have examined do what was originally termed "jailbreak": changing the afc service or (in v2) adding an afc2 service that allows r/w access to the full filesystem.

I'll try to fix iPhoneBrowser to detect this and offer to modify Services.plist in the next version. Then a restart of the phone will give you iBrickr/iPhoneBrowser access again.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-10-25 at 07:24 AM.