Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Howto enable/disable SSH on iPhone 1.1.1 jailbroken with independence 1.2.5?

Question Howto enable/disable SSH on iPhone 1.1.1 jailbroken with independence 1.2.5?
    Hi,

How do I disable SSH on a Jailbroken Virgin iPhone 1.1.1 that was activated/jailbroken with independence. It doesn't show up in the list in "Services.app v0.6.7" It consumes battery right?

- NGin

Thanks

install openssh and you need to delete the dropbear ssh files

Yes, but iNdependence 1.2.5 uses openSSH instead right? And what files do I need to delete. I can see that openSSH is installed.

- RJPA

I would suggest installing the Services app that gives you a switch to turn SSH on / off.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    I would suggest installing the Services app that gives you a switch to turn SSH on / off.
    Yeha, but it doesn't show up in Services.app, it just dissapears. Any suggestions?

- RJPA

Quote Originally Posted by rjpa View Post
    Yeha, but it doesn't show up in Services.app, it just dissapears. Any suggestions?

- RJPA
    Yup - I'm finding that too. Help appreciated - thanks

Would be great if someone could come up with a solution. Because everytime I uses Wifi, my iPhone is hackable, since root pwd = "alpine" always

Any suggestions?

for security reason, use iNdependence or the passwd command to change the default password, it doesn't affect any system/itunes interaction.

after further digging, Services.app needs to be updated in order to work with iNdependence 1.2.5's new openssh, somehow it uses a different string and location for the load/unload process.

To solve this problem temporarily, you can either install openssh from installer.app, or use the UICtl app.

Hi,

i have Open SSH and the Services.app installed on my phone. The only concern i have is that although i switch the SSH off, i still have access to my phone files via WinSCP. Should i worried. I don't like the idea of walking around with an open phone.

Do any of you guys have the same problem? Has any one noticed it? I'm i doing something wrong.

FYI: Me = firmware 1.1.1, jail broken, anysim, Vista

Same here. Since the upgrade to 1.1.1 its gone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leer100 For This Useful Post:

nicoflo (2007-10-25)

Tssssssssss (Ecuadorian way of saying sh*t)

Do any of you know how to change the passowrd?
    Or that will screw up the system?

Hi,
    I wrote to the iNdependece developer asking him to work in team with the Services.app developer in order to be able to disable iNdependece SSH client (see Issue 195 on Independence Google Code page).
    I was searching for the Services.app developer mail in order to write him too.
    It looks like iNdependence will work just with it's own SSH client (even if it is an OpenSSH client) so I don't want to replace it with the OpenSSH from the Installer menu.