Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy: Mostly Automated iPhone 1.1.1 Jailbreak (for Windows)

Drakenza, I just wanted to update you on the problem I was having in regards to my iPhone acting like an Ipod. After I did all the steps all over again everything went well this time and the installer.app works well (after I used the patch for the 3.0 version).

thank you very much

Hello Draquenza, good job, when you tell:
    It's not recommended that you try iDemocracy with a jailbroken or otherwise modded iPhone 1.0.2, but rather a factory-fresh one, so that iTunes doesn't get alerted by the mods and brick your phone.
    What dou you refer?, i have a new iphone 1.0.2 that i only have jailbreak,for use as ipod but i not make unlock with anysim and unlock app, can i use idemocracy for prepare to upgrade to 1.1.1 and make a jailbreak and unlock in 1.1.1?

Many thanks.

I used this last night, everything went great! I now have a full version of 1.1.1 with installer and everything working as it should be.

i just want to let everyone know about my situation.

-I used the program from a fully jailbroken 1.02 iphone with the usual programs on it and it went smoothly
    -the only hiccup i had was when i installed bsd/ssh/installer. for some reason, the iphone turned off wifi without me realizing it and i had to do this step over to make sure it could ssh into the phone.
    -installer was all messed up after initial install, but worked fine after installer fix on the google code site.

This is a great program for us lazy windows users. great job!

Does this need wifi in order to work?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovie View Post
    Does this need wifi in order to work?
    it uses your wifi connection to access your phone over ssh, so, yeah i'm pretty sure it's required.

so, can i use winstaller to activate my 1.1.1 phone? or can i activate after i jailbreak?
    Last edited by kevvstarr; 2007-10-24 at 02:18 AM.

Koozyk, when you tell:
    I used the program from a fully jailbroken 1.02 iphone
    you used a iphone 1.0.2 originally to box, and only jailbreaked,not unlocked with anysim?then her baseband is originally no?
    my situation is a original 1.0.2 only jailbraeked for use as ipod, you think that can i use idemocracy?

thanks

Ok, I downloaded idemocracy and I went through the steps no problem... make sure to reboot when u are going through ssh/ installations... they are key...(i messed up the first time) :-) it installed perfectly for some reason i had to install the installer manually logged into the iphone with scp connection.. using root username root and password apline.. i then used modmyi.com's installing installer on firmware 1.1.1( it went smooth and installer is now right next to the itunes icon...) I now have updated installer to 3.0 and my youtube works as well as yahoo mail!!!!!!!!! I have check maps and they still load and i have all the history of all my sms text messages... all my voicemails downloaded photos are still on the phone safari works still... I have not check ipod features but im pretty sure those work... my main concern was keeping all my youtube and mail and internet functions working fine!!!.. This program really helped me get through the ruff stages of hacking the 1.1.1 firmware... i tried many of times and no luck but idem worked like a charm first time except for the installer app process not working but at least idem got me read write access which was key i had enough knowledge of the process due to me trying so much to finish the rest :-)

P.S. I will not install any programs right away im working on deciding which programs i want first and making sure they work before installing...

Default how to activate (non AT&T) ?
    I'm stuck at step1-10:

9. Press the APPTAPP button to launch AppTapp installer. Choose firmware 1.0.2. Don't mind errors.
    10. Your iPhone should ask for activation. Do so, but don't sync just yet.
    11. Once your iPhone's back to normal, re-run AppTapp and this time it should install properly.
    12. Reboot the iPhone. It's also a good idea to go to System > General and set Auto-Lock to Never.
    13. Open Installer.app, and install Community Sources. Now install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH.

Right.. so how do I activate without the phone being jailbreaked yet? How do I get to step1-13 and open installer.app without being activated?

Hi,

I'm sorry but i don't uderstand a sentence in step 1, like stefimke :

13. Open Installer.app, and install Community Sources. Now install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH.
    Where do I open Installer.app and install ?? on Iphone or PC ??

In iDemocracy archive, there is a "Installer.app" folder but ...

Could you explain me this point ?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josselin View Post
    Hi,

I'm sorry but i don't uderstand a sentence in step 1, like stefimke :

Where do I open Installer.app and install ?? on Iphone or PC ??

In iDemocracy archive, there is a "Installer.app" folder but ...

Could you explain me this point ?

Thanks
    Josselin,

iDemocracy will install it for you all you have to do is click at the buttons. be sure to follow what it tells you to do don't just hit okey until you have reboot your phone when it says reboot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mixi92 For This Useful Post:

Josselin (2007-10-23)

has anyone noticed that Customize isnt working? or is it just me?

cuz when i try to open it, it just crashes back to the home screen...

EDIT: wtf now its working lol....im good now...also, is iphonebrowser supposed to still work with 1.1.1? cuz i opened it and it was only showing a few folders, like my TTR, Photos, and a couple more, and then when i click on something, it locks up and doesnt respond... any ideas?

does anyone know what software is good for modding the iphone something like ibrickr would be what i am really looking for, but something similar...

thanks
    Last edited by DeusInvictus7; 2007-10-23 at 11:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Woot! It worked 100%, all i had to do was use the intaller fix.

Ive downloaded the packages.how do you run this stuff?

First of all, thank you for the software!

Though it didn't help me at all!

First of all i need to use the Iphone with a Swedish SIM-card, how do I do that?

And second and third, after i've done that i would like to install some of my own patch, the manual you hve on your software, says darn to me sorry, but i don't get anything eventho i read em ten times..

For people who want to disable DropBear SSH and replace it with OpenSSH/Services.app, AFTER iDEMOCRACY AND ACTIVATION, follow this ticket:

http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/...etail?id=12#c1

Dropbear SSH has to be removed manually, and running two SSH servers with OpenSSH is just crazy! Of course you want to disable SSH, and services.app (GUI) does only work with OpenSSH.

I have an AT&T phone and everything.. it's straight service and it hasn't been unlocked at all. I am running 1.1.1 but everytime I go to restore the 1.0.2 firmware in itunes it gives me an error. Why? I'm following the instructions. I just restored to 1.1.1 for now until I figure it out. But it says just to put in restore mode and then select that package(1.0.2) and I did that. But I get error everytime.

Maybe i'm missing something but how do you start idemocracy.Where do you start after downloading.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you using the newest version of iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by melanie View Post
    Maybe i'm missing something but how do you start idemocracy.Where do you start after downloading.
    Run iDemocracy 1.1.1.exe

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast