Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iUnlock'ed 1.02 to iPhone Sim Free 1.1.1 (activated and unlocked)

Default iUnlock'ed 1.02 to iPhone Sim Free 1.1.1 (activated and unlocked)
    As the word slowly trickled out that the free unlocks caused what was to considered unreversable damage to your baseband i became worried. I did not want to be stuck with 1.0.2 and when IPSF revealed their 1.1.1 unlock and baseband repairer, I jumped on it.

I was concerned about the process and searched the web for people who were undertaking the same transition, it seemed a lot of people were doing it but not a ton of people were talking about it.

So here is my reassurance that it does infact work, repair and leave you with a working unlocked activated phone!.

I started with a 1.0.2 phone out of the box
    Activated with independence and jailbroken
    Apptap installed
    Unlocked with iUnlock

Basically my desire was a 1.1.1 unlocked phone with correct IMEI, Baseband, activated and fully functional.

So I bought my simfree license, $60 dollars is not too bad.

Soooo people seem to think that they need to brick their 1.0.2 by bringing it up to 1.1.1 in order to use simfree. I'm not sure why but it seems the popular thing to do. All it does is over complicate things.

So. All you need to do is this and i'm sure it'll clear things up for many.

Requires: 1.0.2, independence, community sources, bsd, ssh, sim free.

1. fallow steps 8-17 of this guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX

2. Restore 1.0.2 after you restore your unlocked baseband.

3. Activate/jailbreak/ssh your 1.0.2 phone

4. Install apptap, community sources, bsd in that order.

5. Drop Simfree onto your phone with installer or via sftp.

6. Run simfree.

7. Apply independence 1.1.1 pre-upgrade.

8. Upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes.

9. Finish 1.1.1 activation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to highsea For This Useful Post:

rince1013 (2007-10-19)

Thanks

I HIGHLY recommend that people DO NOT pay for IPSF! Please wait for the Dev Team to release their "virginizer" software which if FREE! They are working really hard behind it, and the solution will be out soon.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

piloting (2007-10-19), rince1013 (2007-10-19)

Thanks for these instructions. I was wondering if I had to go to 1.1.1 then 1.0.2 before using SimFree as well.

I have one question though. It's silly, but I just want to clarify.

You said to use steps 8-17 on this guide, http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX
    But Step 17 is running AnySim, which will just damage the baseband again. So really it's steps 8-16, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by highsea View Post
    Requires: 1.0.2, independence, community sources, bsd, ssh, sim free.

1. fallow steps 8-17 of this guide
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX

2. Restore 1.0.2 after you restore your unlocked baseband.

3. Activate/jailbreak/ssh your 1.0.2 phone

4. Install apptap, community sources, bsd in that order.

5. Drop Simfree onto your phone with installer or via sftp.

6. Run simfree.

7. Apply independence 1.1.1 pre-upgrade.

8. Upgrade to 1.1.1 via iTunes.

9. Finish 1.1.1 activation.

i bought software which can unlock iphone with few easy clicks . I'am sure its easy to unlock it manually , but I am idiot to do it )
    Do you want to unlock your iPhone?Do you want to find out how I unlocked my iPhone? Visit my blog at
    http://iphknie.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend that people DO NOT pay for IPSF! Please wait for the Dev Team to release their "virginizer" software which if FREE! They are working really hard behind it, and the solution will be out soon.

I don't see the harm in paying for something to correct a problem cause by free software, I have donated to the dev team and will continue to do so. This is a way to resolve problems now as opposed to when people "get around to it"

Quote Originally Posted by rince1013 View Post
    Thanks for these instructions. I was wondering if I had to go to 1.1.1 then 1.0.2 before using SimFree as well.

I have one question though. It's silly, but I just want to clarify.

You said to use steps 8-17 on this guide, http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX
    But Step 17 is running AnySim, which will just damage the baseband again. So really it's steps 8-16, correct?
    Correct, haha sorry.
    Last edited by highsea; 2007-10-19 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This thread sounds like a IPSF testimonial.

Are you paying Cash for the advertisement?
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Thanks

Strange, are people mad that IPSF got there first? If people want to pay to get their phones unlocked NOW (not soonishly) let them. And one benefit that I seem to have read so far, is that IPSF works through an upgrade, AnySIM doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Strange, are people mad that IPSF got there first? If people want to pay to get their phones unlocked NOW (not soonishly) let them. And one benefit that I seem to have read so far, is that IPSF works through an upgrade, AnySIM doesn't.
    Im not mad that IPSF has a solution and if people want to pay for it, more power to them.

My point is that a person who at the time of my initial post only had 2 posts and both were in this thread. It appeared like a "post and dash" advertisement to me.
    The Cake Is A LIE!

Arrow should i try this?
    I have a 1.02 sim unlocked phone. (used iunlock )

I have now bought ipsf . could i just place
    it on the iphone and run it?

Wouldn't this fix the baseband, and allow a 1.1.1 fw upgrade?

Im just trying to not have to re flash the baseband.

Could it cause any harm if i just clicked on the ipsf icon to see what would happen?

Thnks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punterab View Post
    II have now bought ipsf . could i just place
    it on the iphone and run it?
    It's just going to tell you your phone is already unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    Im not mad that IPSF has a solution and if people want to pay for it, more power to them.

My point is that a person who at the time of my initial post only had 2 posts and both were in this thread. It appeared like a "post and dash" advertisement to me.
    Yeaaa. I'm paid by them to come and post a walkthrough, grow up. Good products spur word of mouth, just the way it works.

I've actually posted one other thread which were custom icons, and yes stumbler, pushR and nes paid me for that one too. like atleast 12 dollars.

I'm just helping people out who purchased it when it was released or confused about the process. And if you take offense to word of mouth satisfaction of a paid service maybe you should just completely ignore a website about a paid product.