Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch ZiPhone/iBrickr Help

Default iPod Touch ZiPhone/iBrickr Help
    Hey guys! I currently own an 8 Gig iPod Touch, and have successfully Jailbroken it using the ZiPhone 2.6.

I am interested in having iBrickr installed on my iPod as well, but can't seem to find instructions on how to do it without messing up or losing the existing contents of my iPod. Using Installer, I installed the ZiPhone-iBrickr fix, and downloaded the latest iBrickr. When I run the exe, it'll recognize my iPod (it doesn't ask me to "free" my iPhone), then I'll hit applications to install the needed files so I can install third party apps using iBrickr. It'll go through the process, asks me to shut down my iPod a couple times, but it won't get to the "sweet" part, and when iBrickr finishes, there'll be no changes on my iPod, like it didn't even recognize it, where I know as a fact that it does recognize my iPod. Any ideas?

Also. The latest ZiPhone is out, 3.0. Should I update? If so, why? And is there anyway to update to the latest without losing all the stuff I have now?

I'm on 1.1.4.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Shamster; 2008-04-07 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks

3.0 is a stabler ZiPhone, so if you really want to go ahead, but if you don't need to, then don't.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

So far I am having no problems with my iPod or the various applications I have installed on it. Like Summerboard for example, works mint for me.

The only issues I'm having is with iBrickr.

If I re-jailbreak my iPod, will I lose everything?

Thanks

Yes.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Hey, you guys know where to get the 1.1.2 firmware for the IPOD TOUCH (NOT THE iPhone!) I use windows. And I don't need 1.1.4 or some other firmware. Just 1.1.2! I think you got it now...