Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Independence 1.2.2 is out

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Default Independence 1.2.2 is out
    Havent had time to play with it myself but I hear it works with firmware version 1.1.1 with one touch jailbreak

http://code.google.com/p/independence/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

GLOD! (2007-10-16)

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome news
     Think Different

My question is this: if this uses the TIFF exploit then wont it be easily defeated in future updates? This would then leave us in the same position as before the new jail break methods. Dont get me worng I am having trouble getting SSH on my iPhone so I just downgraded, I may end up just trying this out anyhow I just was wondering about that. thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    need something for windows =/

News

Oct. 15/07 - Please note that if you have used anySIM or other free SIM unlocking solutions (anything except for the iPhoneSimFree solution), and you upgrade to 1.1.1, it will wipe out the SIM unlock and render the phone and text message part of your phone inoperable. Everything else will work though.

are they saying your phone/text will never work? or not until there is an unlcok app for 1.1.1 ?? i dont wanna mess up my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Somebody test this out and let us know if it works...
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Does anyone think we'll get a jailbreak for 1.1.1 that doesn't involve downgrading? I'm sure I could do this, but I'd reather wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    Does anyone think we'll get a jailbreak for 1.1.1 that doesn't involve downgrading? I'm sure I could do this, but I'd reather wait for that.
    eventually we might, but for now it seems this is the best way to do it unless they figure out another way to break through 1.1.1's firmware. from what i've read so far the TIFF exploit and this are the only way to trick the firmware into thinking it's locked down to being able to write to just one directory but in reality it is tricked into being writable for the root directory.

the only problem with downgrading is having to restore to do it...if you sync/backup then all you will have to do is reinstall your programs afterwards which isn't that much of a hassle.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Error, couldn't perform jailbreak. You need to downgrade to version 1.0.2, then perform the special upgrade to 1.1.1 (see Help documentation for more details).

jeeez wizzz a bit of false advertising if you ask me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    OneTouch worked for me

can anyone tell me where the default Directory is for itune's updates on a mac?

wow...this is soo good... Going to try this program out!!

Quote Originally Posted by meatwagon View Post
    Error, couldn't perform jailbreak. You need to downgrade to version 1.0.2, then perform the special upgrade to 1.1.1 (see Help documentation for more details).

jeeez wizzz a bit of false advertising if you ask me.
    You should always read the documentation first.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwagon View Post
    can anyone tell me where the default Directory is for itune's updates on a mac?
    /Users/*yourusername*/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

Has anyone tried to add Button or Springboard Icons? Is the process the same? For example using DisplayOrder.plist?

This is good, but i am so use to my native apps that i don't think i will be upgrading to anything any time soon. Unless apple will include them in the future updates.

does one click activation work?

anything for windows? : (

ya, when is something like this for windows coming out???
    im sick of just the standard **** on my phone
    i wanna do sumthin with it

abd does ne one no how to put ringtones on a 1.1.1 FW version iPhone w/out jailbreak???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

man, this app just makes me to want to drive down to the apple store and get a mac. hopefully something like it will be out for windows....

Correct me if Im wrong, so this actually DOES work for the IPHONE? Aint this the method to jailbreak the itouch?.....The thing is that its talking about the phone, therefore, this SHOULD work for the iphone?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast