Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Independence 1.2.2 is out

Thanks

need help!! I used the iNdependence 1.2.3 and am having trouble installing ssh. keeps telling me cant copy files. any help?
    edit: fixed it. just had to keep restarting the phone untill it worked.
    Last edited by cory; 2007-10-17 at 04:54 PM.

Is there an iNexpensive mac that will run iNdependence. I'm considering buying a mac instead of waiting for a windows port. Any suggestions?

PM zeus will help me find your answer. Thx

Thanks

having problems with you tube. Used iNdependence 1.2.3 to upgrage to 1.1.1 and everything works except you tube. anyone else having this problem? any Ideas on how to fix?

Somebody can give me a clear answer. Can I activate my simfree unlocked
    not jailbrocken iPhone( used SimFree on 1.0.2 than updated to 1.1.1) without jailbreaking and downgrading with iNdependence 1.2.3 ?

Thank in advance.

Default iphones file system
    ive been wanting to move on to updating to the latest firmware but i have a dought of not being able to gain access to the iphones file system with the Ifuntastic software. does anyone know if Ifuntastic will work with the unlocked firmware 1.1.1?? any info will really help thanx!!

I cannot download the application. Is anyone able to download it? It just hangs and has done so for the past couple hours.

Default I Also Need Help!
    i also did all the intrustions correctly but whenever i try to install an the installar app via independence i keep getting this error: "Couldn't connect to SSH server. Ensure IP address is correct, phone is connected to a network, and SSH is installed correctly."

can sum1 please help?

is anyone having the same problem in the custom tab not being able to add ringtones?? my ringtones are grey and i can't click on it. i've tried just switching .m4a into .m4r. i've tried addint the .m4a into itunes, then copying it out and then renaming it. nothing works!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I did do a search for you tube activation or something like that. I had to download 3 files and replace them, after that works great!
    any way you can post a link for those files? also my email is not working... anyone else having the problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaddada View Post
    ive been wanting to move on to updating to the latest firmware but i have a dought of not being able to gain access to the iphones file system with the Ifuntastic software. does anyone know if Ifuntastic will work with the unlocked firmware 1.1.1?? any info will really help thanx!!
    I dropped iFuntastic a little while ago. I use cyberduck and you can still gail access to all our files. you must have wi-fi though. but still a great program very easy to use.
    Last edited by cory; 2007-10-18 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

i have everything working as far as iNdependance goes and it claims that the jailbreak, ssh, etc is installed and working however when i try to sftp i get

i open a terminal and typed open .ssh and deleted that file to see if that would help as mentioned in an earlier post and i got this

any suggestions?

thanks
    Last edited by fletch33; 2007-10-18 at 05:57 PM.

Many thanks to all those folks who posted the detailed step-by-step instructions on this. I successfully downgraded to 1.0.2 then did all the stuff and now have Installer.app on my phone! Kewl.

Quick questions:
    [1] are some apps not compatible with 1.1.1? I've tried installing a theme via Summerboard (just the default ones that come with the app), but none of them seem to work (no error message, just after "restart springboard" the theme doesn't change.

[2] how do I install my own theme (I remember being able to do this with iFuntastic)

[3] I see the springboard scrolls horizontally; is there a way to have to scroll vertically like before?

Thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

OK, I've been doing enough reading. I'm taking the plunge and try unlocking tonight.

First, I'll use Independence (FYI, v1.2.4 is OUT). I have a brand new 1.0.2 iPhone. Will use Independence v1.2.4 to Activate (Non AT&T sim) and Jailbreak.

Then I'll install App Tapp (installer.app) and unlock using AnySim 1.1 via AppTapp installer.

I think I'm gonna hold off on the 1.1.1 firmware upgrade and stick with 1.0.2 for now.

i got it to work both spring board and the 1.1.1 for spring board go http://www.apptapp. com/summerboard/, and click the install button and termail will open up with instructions and as for the pre update, or activating 1.1.1 in independence when you get the error download http://www.macupdate. com/info.php/id/24632
    and run the application and finder will relaunch, after that navigate to your home folder and there will be a file called .ssh open it and delete known_hosts

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been doing a lot of reading and tried to find answers on my own but am a little confused.

I had a (out of the box) 1.0.2 phone that I activated without AT&T sim (using Independence v1.2.4) and unlocked using AnySim 1.1 method.

I wasn't going to upgrade to 1.1.1 FW but now I have a good reason for wanting to upgrade to 1.1.1 because of International Keyboard feature. Wished I knew this before.

So my question is
    a) can I still upgrade to 1.1.1 ?

b) what method can I use [and what to skip (if any) since I used Anysim 1.1 to unlock] ?

There seems to be adequate guides for downgrading but not for upgrading.

Please advise.

Thankyou in advance.

PS: I don't need to virginize the baseband, right ? since I never upgraded to 1.1.1 before AND I used Anysim 1.1 to unlock

Before upgrade, you will need to virginize your iPhone. That means flashing the baseband to its virgin state.

To answer your questions:

a) Yes, I did it!
    b) From 1.0.2..... I would virginize the phone flashing the baseband to its virgin state and restoring the iPhone with iTunes. Then do the Jailbreak, Activation, SSH and PRE 1.1.1 in iNdependence. Upgrade to 1.1.1... then jailbreak, activate and SSH again.

On a personal note, before using AnySim.... make sure that your iPhone is showing the right IMEI on the screen or you will ended up iBriking it (Then, you will have to do it all over again). I used IPSF because once you unock the baseband on version 4, you can upgrade/downgrade without having your iPhone to be bricked.

Just my 0.02! Good luck!

-Joed

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    I've been doing a lot of reading and tried to find answers on my own but am a little confused.

I had a (out of the box) 1.0.2 phone that I activated without AT&T sim (using Independence v1.2.4) and unlocked using AnySim 1.1 method.

I wasn't going to upgrade to 1.1.1 FW but now I have a good reason for wanting to upgrade to 1.1.1 because of International Keyboard feature. Wished I knew this before.

So my question is
    a) can I still upgrade to 1.1.1 ?

b) what method can I use [and what to skip (if any) since I used Anysim 1.1 to unlock] ?

There seems to be adequate guides for downgrading but not for upgrading.

Please advise.

Thankyou in advance.

PS: I don't need to virginize the baseband, right ? since I never upgraded to 1.1.1 before AND I used Anysim 1.1 to unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by joedr View Post
    Before upgrade, you will need to virginize your iPhone. That means flashing the baseband to its virgin state.

To answer your questions:

a) Yes, I did it!
    b) From 1.0.2..... I would virginize the phone flashing the baseband to its virgin state and restoring the iPhone with iTunes. Then do the Jailbreak, Activation, SSH and PRE 1.1.1 in iNdependence. Upgrade to 1.1.1... then jailbreak, activate and SSH again.

On a personal note, before using AnySim.... make sure that your iPhone is showing the right IMEI on the screen or you will ended up iBriking it (Then, you will have to do it all over again). I used IPSF because once you unock the baseband on version 4, you can upgrade/downgrade without having your iPhone to be bricked.

Just my 0.02! Good luck!

-Joed
    Will all this work with my Windows PC?

You can do the rest on a PC but for iNdependence you need a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by artjr View Post
    Will all this work with my Windows PC?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456