Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Independence 1.2.2 is out

Is there an easy way to back up the iphone? SMS and other settings stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdarby View Post
    This program runs pretty well, and you never have to open terminal, but there are many problems. It requires a lot of restarting programs, and the instructions are very misleading (ex. 1. see instructions below. (you go to below) 1. see instructions above...). If you don't have a lot of experience, and can't figure out things on your own, I would not recommend this program. But, if you have experience, this is great for streamlining customizations and offers easy ssh configuration... 2.5 stars
    2.5 stars out of what? Could you offfer some advice on how to navigate through the misleading instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by pdditty View Post
    2.5 stars out of what? Could you offfer some advice on how to navigate through the misleading instructions?
    ohh... sorry! 2.5 out of 5... and my best advice for the misleading instructions is when you get to the end, and see: 17. iNdependence will kick the phone out of recovery mode and after a few seconds you should see the main screen with Activate iPhone message on it.
    Congratulations! You've successfully downgraded your phone to firmware 1.0.2.
    you should close out of any itunes programs, and in iNdependence, click activate under the activation screen. If it fails, close out of independence, then go back in and try again, and repeat until success. Once activated, jailbreak if it didn't automatically, and then install SSH under the SSH tab. After that, follow #5-12 under the: To upgrade to 1.1.1 so that you can activate/jailbreak your phone heading in the help file. When that completes successfully, follow the instructions under the heading: Post 1.1.1 Upgrade and Activation/Jailbreak in the help file. If at any point you run into repeating errors, close out of independence, and come back in.

Default 1.1.1 is freed once again!
    So, I followed all the instructions and I now have an iphone on 1.1.1 that allows for apps and everything else to be added. So, here are the instructions of what I did. I downgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 in Independence under the "Firmware" tab where it says "Enter DFU Mode." It puts the phone in recovery mode. Then once it said "Successful," I CLOSED Independence and OPENED iTunes. Unless it states otherwise on the instructions, only have EITHER iTunes OR Independence opened. Don't have both opened at once! iTunes will say that it has found an iPhone in Recovery Mode. So, press okay and hold down the Option button while pressing restore. Scroll down the list that pops up to your firmware file. Click it and wait. It will give u an error when you're done, press OK and CLOSE iTunes without doing anything else. It wants you to Restore in iTunes but don't! Open up Independence again, let it do it's thing..it will bring you to the activation screen on your iphone so we need to activate it. Use the Activation method through Independence. It will take a few minutes. You also can activate through iTunes, but if you do that, CLOSE iTunes after you have activated and backed up your phone again. Now it's time to jailbreak. Under the Jailbreak tab in Independence, click the button. Click on your firmware files when prompted. If you get an error message, close Independence and open it again. After that, SSH your phone...follow instructions on screen. Now, go to the "Firmware" tab and click Pre 1.1.1. Root password is "dottie." Put in your IP address from under settings. You MUST be connected to WIFI. It will do it's thing....now you have to open iTunes, and when it has the buttons "Update" and "Restore" on the iphone screen in itunes, close Independence. Now click "Update." Once you have updated to 1.1.1, your phone will be sitting on the Activation screen. iTunes will NOT recognize it at this time. So, close iTunes and DON'T open it back up until you have finished this procedure and are ready to have fun with your phone. From there, open Independence again and click Activate. It will take a few minutes....it should jailbreak at the same time as it is activating so you can skip jailbreak this time unless you don't use AT&T. After it activates, SSH again. Follow the onscreen prompts as usual. Now you are ready for th FINAL step. Remember, iTunes should be completely closed at this time as well as the iTunes Helper. So, go to "Firmware" tap in Independence and click "Post 1.1.1 Upgrade." Congrats....you're done.

Since the 1.1.1 firmware is encrypted differently, you cannot just go in and SSH into your phone like you used to. I tried adding Installer.app through drag and drop in SSH and it wouldn't let me. How do you add apps now? Do we need to wait for another tutorial because it isn't the same as it was with 1.0.2.
    Last edited by kadeboer; 2007-10-16 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Whats OneTouch?

Default Display Order for the apps in 1.1.1
    So, everything is good and jailbroken on my 1.1.1 phone, but no apps. I dragged and dropped Installer in but the DisplayOrder did not change and the app doesn not show up on the SpringBoard like it did in 1.0.2. Does anyone know how to either edit the DisplayOrder or knows a fix for it? Let me know!

Yeah, does anyone know how to add apps once you have a iphone with 1.1.1. that is activated and jailbroken? I tried adding apptap when it was downgraded to 1.0.2, but kept getting a bootstrap error. I now want to unlock and have no clue how to get ipsf on the phone.

some people read directions better than others.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

what are the sym links and how do i remove them, Im skeptikal so far as to putting the 1.1.1 on my phone. I don't wanna get stuck with a virgin 1.1.1 phone

Gee wizz, i sure love using windows!

(sarcasm).

i'm waiting for the dev team to release a re-locker, so i can safely upgrade to 1.1.1
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Default Got my apps showing up on 1.1.1
    So, I figured how to add third-party apps to 1.1.1. After you do the jailbreak and all that in Independence, go to the Customize section of Independence and add AppTapp to the apps. You can do that by right clicking on AppTapp and click "Show Contents of Package." In there, click on "Resources" and then drag and drop "Installer.app" into your application list in customize. From there you gotta SSH in Terminal. Here are the instructions including what I just mentioned above from iphonealley.com.

Download Nullriver's AppTapp
    Right click or control click AppTapp Installer and click "Show Package Contents". Navigate to Contents>Resources
    Using the FTP application, copy Installer.app from the Resources folder into the Applications folder on your iPhone
    Back in the terminal, SSH into your iPhone again (if you're not already), give the comand chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ and hit return.
    Slide to unlock your iPhone then type /Applications/Installer.app/Installer and hit return to launch Installer.
    After AppTapp opens, press control+c to close it
    Open Safari on iPhone and navigate to http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta
    Tap yes to add it to Installer
    Back in terminal, using ssh, type /Applications/Installer.app/Installer and hit return to launch Installer again.
    Install Trip1PogoStick located under the "System" category to enable scrolling and applications.
    When you're done, reboot the iPhone and close all your windows. You now have AppTapp.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kadeboer For This Useful Post:

davalos (2007-10-16), GLOD! (2007-10-16)

Nice info Kadeboer. I have installer on my iphone 1.1.1! schweet!

on another note:
    has anybody else had problems with ringtones?

I added m4a files to both [user] and [system] using iNdependence. But they don't show up in the ringtone list.

Is there a trick to this that I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by kadeboer View Post
    So, I figured how to add third-party apps to 1.1.1. After you do the jailbreak and all that in Independence, go to the Customize section of Independence and add AppTapp to the apps. You can do that by right clicking on AppTapp and click "Show Contents of Package." In there, click on "Resources" and then drag and drop "Installer.app" into your application list in customize. From there you gotta SSH in Terminal. Here are the instructions including what I just mentioned above from iphonealley.com.

Download Nullriver's AppTapp
    Right click or control click AppTapp Installer and click "Show Package Contents". Navigate to Contents>Resources
    Using the FTP application, copy Installer.app from the Resources folder into the Applications folder on your iPhone
    Back in the terminal, SSH into your iPhone again (if you're not already), give the comand chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ and hit return.
    Slide to unlock your iPhone then type /Applications/Installer.app/Installer and hit return to launch Installer.
    After AppTapp opens, press control+c to close it
    Open Safari on iPhone and navigate to http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta
    Tap yes to add it to Installer
    Back in terminal, using ssh, type /Applications/Installer.app/Installer and hit return to launch Installer again.
    Install Trip1PogoStick located under the "System" category to enable scrolling and applications.
    When you're done, reboot the iPhone and close all your windows. You now have AppTapp.

honing my ssh abilities slowly, makes me feel leeter than months ago using iFuntastic
    Last edited by GLOD!; 2007-10-16 at 09:30 AM.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Default Tested, it works.
    go thru the steps very carefully. I had an IPSF unlocked iPhone running 1.0.2, and after using iNdependence to upgrade to 1.1.1, I didnt even had to run IPSF again.
    Last edited by hetin; 2007-10-16 at 10:31 AM.

So this wont unlock your iphone?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Default New iNdependence v1.2.3
    Thanks mate but the new ver. is available
    makes 1.1.1 activation a bit easier, and also adds the ability to have 3rd party applications show up in SpringBoard when using the 1.1.1 phone firmware
    link http://code.google.com/p/independence/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kutmustakurt For This Useful Post:

beeryce (2007-10-16)

This is GREAT NEWS BTW!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Will there be soon a windows method for activating and jailbreaking 1.1.1. ?

I feel a windows veesion coming today, hope im right.

Default iNdependence 1.2.3
    Hi guys,
    I've a 1.0.2 iPhone jailbroken with iNdependence 1.2.1 and unlocked through Unlock.app by Erica Sadun (as Pf iPhone unlock in OsX guide - thanks Pf for it !!) working fine. I've read the iNdependence 1.2.3 help menu and I guess I can do it.
    Since: "Please note that if you have used anySIM or other free SIM unlocking solutions (anything except for the iPhoneSimFree solution), and you upgrade to 1.1.1, it will wipe out the SIM unlock and render the phone and text message part of your phone inoperable. Everything else will still work though."
    I wonder if I can try or not and if I have to install AppTapp again to run third part applications (first of all Unlock.app again) ...

Any idea ?
    cheers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast