Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Independence 1.2.2 is out

The problem is we need a 1-touch download, plugin Iphone and run AppTap. Why, because this expands the userbase of folks who will be installing third party native apps by 10 or 100 times right away. This creates DEMAND which will expand the amount of development effort. Which puts pressure on apple to take the damn prom dress off, and allow third party development without all this rigamarole.

i agree with the guy above me

APPLE, JUST TAKE THE 3RD PARTY PROTECTION ******** OFF THE PHONE. THE DEV TEAM WILL ALLWAYS FIND A WAY TO HACK IT NEWAYS, SO DONT BE ******* STUPID ABOUT IT, JUST TAKE IT OFF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanXX View Post
    Has anyone tried to add Button or Springboard Icons? Is the process the same? For example using DisplayOrder.plist?
    1.1.1 doesnt use displayorder.plist. it uses m68ap.plist for the display order.

Hey windows guys dont buy a mac, just use a hackintosh

osx86project.org
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 2007-10-15 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great! All we need now is the equivalent for Whinedows .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Independence
    Everything works Perfect

Default Won't connect to SSH, SFTP, SCP
    I keep getting the request to remove ~/.ssh/known_hosts and remove the IP address. Can anyone tell me how to do this using Terminal. A couple days ago I used this for SUCCESFULLY downgrading my baseband! Please can anyone help me?

I am so close to hacking the 1.1.1, HELP ME!

Gordon

well not to burst anyones bubbles but i was reading a post last night somewhere on this board ....... i cant find it now cuz to many to read through but it stated that the dev team may have some kinda program ready around the 20th - 30th of this month thats all i read i dont know if this is made up or for real but in anycase i hope this is real

when i had problems connecting to fugu ssh i tried this....open terminal type open .ssh and it will open up a window delete that file an it should connect.. not sure if itll fix your exact problem but you can try it

Question Downgrade safely before using iNdependence
    Hi!

I noticed the following note on the iNdependence Google link:

Oct. 15/07 - Please note that if you have used anySIM or other free SIM unlocking solutions (anything except for the iPhoneSimFree solution), and you upgrade to 1.1.1, it will wipe out the SIM unlock and render the phone and text message part of your phone inoperable. Everything else will work though.
    I am running an unlocked phone (iUnlock) with firmware 1.0.2 and was wondering if I can virginize the iphone to revert that. Then upgrade to 1.1.1 and use iNdependence without messing the phone and text message part of the iphone. My service provider is AT&T.

Does the activation works on 1.1.1?

I am a Windows and MAC OS user!

Thanks in advanced!

-Joed
    Last edited by joedr; 2007-10-15 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks

Hey guys,
    There's a lot information being thrown back and forth, but I am still a bit confused. Perhaps someone could please break it down for me in a very simple format.
    If I bought a brand new iphone tomorrow, let's say it is a 1.1.1. I need to "SIM unlock" it so that I can use it Canada...is it possible or am I out of luck?
    Is this new jailbreak only for 3rd party app mods?
    I appreciate your expertise on this topic. Thanks.

it's possible.
    you're lucky

does this allow me to reinstall app tapp installer?

I have a question about activation. I went trough process of erasing the baseband 1.0.2 unlocking with SimFree and upgrading to 1.1.1. Latest SimFree claim that it will work with another provider. Well when I inserted T-Mobile SIM the message pops up '' another SIM detected"( no incorrect SIM thanks God) But when I open iTunes it says that it has to be used with ATT sim and no activation proceed . Can I use the latest iNdependence just to activate without jailbracking?

Thanks in advance!

so ya i did this

and now i have no free space,lol

Default Almost there?
    So this will leave my phone activated and jailbroken in 1.1.1 but we still need a program to unlock it, right??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eldany View Post
    it's possible.
    you're lucky
    "eldany", I assume your response was to my question on being able to "sim unlock" a brand new 1.1.1 iphone to use in Canada, if so thank you for your response.
    Does this also mean that I can proceed with the new independence and that is the only software that I will need to get to my objective? If so, I will concentrate my attention on the guides for the new independence.
    Once again, thank you for your advice.
    Cheers!

Does Fugu or Cyber duck work in 1.1.1 after activation/jailbreak with Independence 1.2.2?
    I assume all that proxy.pac and carrier settings mods for 1.0.2 will work for 1.1.1 right? Can anyone confirm this for me please?
    Last edited by waynema; 2007-10-16 at 12:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here's my situation....... I'm running 1.1.1 and I do not care to be unlocked.... AT&T is ok for now. If I use Indepdence to jailbreak my phone......... do I still need to downgrade first to 1.02? Thanks.......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast