Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orang-UK, International Assist has Disappeared !?

Default Orang-UK, International Assist has Disappeared !?
    Disclaimer: I may have lost my mind in a haze of jetlag and am totally missing something stupid. I hope so, actually.

That said, I just got my unlocked American iPhone up and running on Orange in the UK. Phone works, SMS works, APN works....one problem: when I go to Settings>Phone there is no longer an International Assist slider to tun on or off. And what's worse, I'd really like to turn it on so that my addressbook entries back to the states will function.

Any ideas?

Default Any assistance most appreciated
    Sorry not to be able to assist with your problem.

But I'd love to know how you got your iPhone to work with an Orange SIM.

From another post of yours I've a feeling you might be a PC user and so perhaps cannot help me on my Apple Mac, but I've run PwnAge 2.2 and QuickPwn 2.2 successfully, so that the iPhone 3g appears unlocked (that is to say I can now sync it with iTunes, whereas it wouldn't accept it previously without an O2 SIM)

But when I insert my Orange SIM, I don't get any network signal. My pal gave his iPhone in to be repaired and being an impatient bugger (with more money than sense), he went and bought another one in the meantime, so I have inherited the repaired one (which looks like new), but am hoping to retain my Orange contract instead of having to switch to O2

Any assistance would be most gratefully received
    Kind Regards
    Bernard

I think the original post was from 2007 so the poster was running a 2G iPhone rather than 3G. You could try using a SIM-cloning tool (TurboSIM, etc.) but I don't think there is a software unlock for the 3G yet.