Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missed calls displaying "Call Failed"

Question Missed calls displaying "Call Failed"
    When I miss a call, the screen shows the person and number and then says "Call Failed". But when I go into recents and check the info on the number, it says it was missed. Not too annoying, just wondering if this was happening to anyone else. By the way, I unlocked with anySIM 1.0.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no... I do get call failed dialogs occasionally... but thats when the call actually fails... like i drive out of reception or something.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

same where happen
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by wildonrio View Post
    When I miss a call, the screen shows the person and number and then says "Call Failed". But when I go into recents and check the info on the number, it says it was missed. Not too annoying, just wondering if this was happening to anyone else. By the way, I unlocked with anySIM 1.0.1.
    Happened to me today! By any chance was your phone reciever working when it happened? Some kinda bug where the phone still thinks u have headphones in when you dont, and the caller cant hear you and you cant hear them.... Have you had that problem?
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

i get this problem too but i think its only when im playing music in the car, i try to answer it but sometimes dont get to it and it says call failed.

and now thta i think about it sometimes i get it when its just in my pocket, because i remembered thinking "did i leave it unlocked? oops i hope i didnt cal l them"
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

Thanks

It happens on mine too . but here is what i did i tested it a few times. whenever i let the phone ring Untill it goes to the Voicemail it will say "call Failure " Call Failed . Then i called a few times but hung up the phone before it hit the Voicemail then i will indicate it propely that there is a missed call for example
    " John" Misssed call"
    Anyone Maybe can figure this out ! Please try this and see if you are getting the same thing . call untill u hit ur voicemail and see what happens . and then call jus a few rings and disconnect before getting to your voicemail Lets see if we all are getting the same results....!
    Happy Modding

Quote Originally Posted by jayc7176 View Post
    It happens on mine too . but here is what i did i tested it a few times. whenever i let the phone ring Untill it goes to the Voicemail it will say "call Failure " Call Failed . Then i called a few times but hung up the phone before it hit the Voicemail then i will indicate it propely that there is a missed call for example
    " John" Misssed call"
    Anyone Maybe can figure this out ! Please try this and see if you are getting the same thing . call untill u hit ur voicemail and see what happens . and then call jus a few rings and disconnect before getting to your voicemail Lets see if we all are getting the same results....!
    Happy Modding
    thats exactly what ive realised ...i think u got it rite ..but the thing is i dont actually have a voice.mail service in my plan thats why i dont know what should be done ..and some other here i assume they do have it!!

Thanks

do you have an irc client running (irc,colluguy)on edge it will do it and the peson calling will here a fax sound on his end wierd..tested ans tested it did it bad last night when the tiff exploitt was realeased

Thanks

Default FINALLY A SOLUTION TO "Call Failed" ISSUE
    Ok Guys i finally Solved My Missed call problem!!!
    I dont know if anyone has tried this but here is simple solution

"Thanks to Good Fellas over at Customize"
    You can Modify the String Value right from the customize and hence fixing your "Call failed " Call Failure " Issue

This is very simple.

Step: 1 - If you don't have Customize download it by Installer.App

Step : 2 - Go to Customize >>scroll to SpringBoard Strings

Step: 3 - Go all the way Down to Call Fail & Change it to "Missed Call"

Step: 4 - Fixito !!
    Now test your phone - Call it let it goo all the way till you get to your voicemail

It should display {"Missed call" "Call Failed"}

like Before {"Call failed" "Call Faliure"}

The only Exception is that - Whenever you get a call failur error like if you try to call & there is no signal you phone will display "Missed call"Call Failed" Which isn't a big problem because you can see that there is no signal so you know that there is a an error in signal or connection .

But atleast now You can see MISSED CALL..!

I hope This Helps

This method only changes the call faliure error .. this will not show that who called like "john Missed call"
    Someone can maybe look into this little more to fix it so that it shows the caller id.. As i m allready working on this ... to get it corrected ... i think soon i will get this to work where it will even show you Who's the missed call is from

Thanks to Modmyiphone.com Thanks to Customize and thanks to all Hacker developers and everyone who is doining whatever They can !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -phone_img_1671_605.jpg  
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-13 at 04:19 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jayc7176 For This Useful Post:

kjsuser (2008-03-20)

the same hear. If the caller hangs up before reaching voice-mail it will say who called and missed call. If it goes to voice-mail then I get the call failed message. Hopefully someone will be able to change this soon. For those working on it many thanks.

bump for a solution!

anyone figure this one out yet?

Thanks

i recentlly went overseas... and used my phone there.. there they had no Voicemail system .. and my misssed calls showed correctly .. but i do want to Voicemail feature..! grrrr i digged all the way into this but no useful info.........

Hey guys i've also had this problem since 1.1.3 and now on 1.1.4 FW. I think it started giving me the call failure on missed calls after i forgot to pay my bill one month and it made me set up my voicemail again when i called it, after getting service turned back on. So in my hunt for a solution, I noticed that AT&T customers have had the same problem and have fixed it by calling customer service and having a tech tell them oh your voicemail was not forwarding to your phone properly and they fix it. So i looked at T-Mobile's website and in the voicemail support FAQ there is a problem where people dont get your voicemail when they call and T-Mobile's answer is that your voicemail is not forwarding to your phone properly, please call customer support to fix the problem. So i'm thinking I will try to call T-Mobile and tell them my voicemail is not forwarding to my phone correctly and i'll see what they can do. hopefully this will fix the problem!

Did anyone find a solution for this yet? I tried restarting my iphone. Tried changing the string as well. Did some tests and still same result. When call goes to voicemail, says "call failed". ???

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687 View Post
    Hey guys i've also had this problem since 1.1.3 and now on 1.1.4 FW. I think it started giving me the call failure on missed calls after i forgot to pay my bill one month and it made me set up my voicemail again when i called it, after getting service turned back on. So in my hunt for a solution, I noticed that AT&T customers have had the same problem and have fixed it by calling customer service and having a tech tell them oh your voicemail was not forwarding to your phone properly and they fix it. So i looked at T-Mobile's website and in the voicemail support FAQ there is a problem where people dont get your voicemail when they call and T-Mobile's answer is that your voicemail is not forwarding to your phone properly, please call customer support to fix the problem. So i'm thinking I will try to call T-Mobile and tell them my voicemail is not forwarding to my phone correctly and i'll see what they can do. hopefully this will fix the problem!
    hey man, I have tmobile too. Did you try calling customer service and did it work for you?
    Thanks, Paul

I too have the same problem. I've called T-Mobile and spoke with their Blackberry/PDA tech support and they in turn spoke with their "unsupported devices" department. They had my swap the SIM back into the Curve it just came out of last night and it, of course, had no problems.

The ultimate answer was essentially, well that stinks and we don't know what to do about it. The call forwards (all four of them) where setup correctly and pointed to the right number (+18056377249). Also, I used ZiPhone 2.6b with a new iPhone.

I have to say, I had an AT&T iPhone when it came out and T-Mobile has been FAR more helpful and a lot kinder to me then AT&T (or Apple) ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by tcuzela View Post
    I too have the same problem. I've called T-Mobile and spoke with their Blackberry/PDA tech support and they in turn spoke with their "unsupported devices" department. They had my swap the SIM back into the Curve it just came out of last night and it, of course, had no problems.

I have to say, I had an AT&T iPhone when it came out and T-Mobile has been FAR more helpful and a lot kinder to me then AT&T (or Apple) ever was.
    I used iPlus 2.0b and have the same problem. I did some searching of the Apple iPhone discussion forums, and even locked, unmodified iPhones are displaying this problem. Must be a bug in the 1.1.4 firmware.

BTW, T-Mobile is my provider as well. I'm glad you like T-Mobile -- I've found their customer support to be infinitely superior to that of the old and new AT&T!
    Last edited by odysseus08; 2008-03-26 at 10:36 PM.

I am on T-mobile. I upgraded and restored from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 using Independence.
    Having the same problem.

I wonder if this has something to do with T-mobile setup?

Read what I just posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast