Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 02 edge settings ??

Default 02 edge settings ??
    does anyone have working edge settings for 02 - contact

i used the ones i found

O2 UK

APN address: wap.o2.co.uk
    Username : o2wap
    Password: password

also there was another one i tried

web.02.co.uk
    faster
    web

didnt

work

when we phoned 02 they said ' u r using an iphone ' we wont send out the settings

does anyone have it working ??? please post the settings

thanx

They gave me APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk, username: payandgo and password: password.

They don't work for me but might for you!
    I signed up for the 7.50 per month web bolt-on so it looks like i have thrown that money away as i can't get my iPhone to access the net

3. The Following User Says Thank You to simon1966 For This Useful Post:

MX-Drew (2007-10-02)

Its tariff specific, if you are on Pay & Go it will not work as I found. But, if you have a pay monthly or above then you can get on EDGE.

I've found that you can subscribe to o2's Simplicity pay monthly service which is 15 per month, then bolt on the 7.50 data thing and your all set, with EDGE working.

Unhappy O2 and Edge
    I have also tried all the settings that I could find and still cannot Safari to work with an internet connection.

I am on Pay&Go and I invested 7.50 for a months data package and still cannot get it to work.

I guess I have wasted my money for this month, perhaps we will have more information next month, 9th November cannot come quick enough.

Thanks

GPRS / EDGE will not work on an 02 PAYG sim.

You need a contract or a Simpliciy sim

These settings work

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    username: username
    password: password

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    GPRS / EDGE will not work on an 02 PAYG sim.

You need a contract or a Simpliciy sim

These settings work

Yep, this is correct.

Default O2 pay and go settings
    ok, this is how i think it needs to be done, for those who have the 7.50 pay and go bolt on:

you need to access through a proxy server. here are instructions for setting up the iphone to use the proxy for t-mobile t-zones in the US:

http://arashpayan.com/blog/index.php...on-the-iphone/

but instead of using the t-mobile settings for apn, proxy, port, use UK O2 pay and go instead

APN = payandgo.o2.co.uk

Login ID = payandgo

Password = Password

proxy IP Address = 193.113.200.195

Port = 8080

i am not in the UK right now, so I can't try this, but if it works, let me know!

Default o2 Monthly contract and Edge (gprs)
    I use the following:

APN - mobile.o2.co.uk

Username - faster

Password - web

Tried others but this one works best and "fast" if thats what you'd call gprs, it will also work where true Edge is available or so I'm told, cant test as its not in my area yet. o2 apparently agreed to convert its cell towers to Edge as part of the iPhone agreement, read that somewhere.....

where do you enter these settings? I can't find the place with my pay monthly sim inserted. Is there a file I can modify?

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    where do you enter these settings? I can't find the place with my pay monthly sim inserted. Is there a file I can modify?
    from what I've seen of 1.1.2 you cannot access these setting al least not the same way I can on my 1.0.2 iphone

Settings>general>network>edge

works
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

that does not work on 1.0.2 right? i went for bolt on as well but they said it need o2 active , i just need edge and nothing more. £22.5 seem little high for me monthly since i hardly use the phone fore calling and message and unable to download much

IGNORE THIS GOT IT TO WORK !!!!i am on o2 simplicity .. 20 pounds a month .. 600 mins and 500 txt with unlimited internet. I am on a jailbroken 2.1fw 2g iphone and noting works
    i have tried
    APN: web.o2.co.uk
    username: faster
    password: web

username: faster
    password: web

APN: mobile.02.co.uk

none of these settings worked for me.
    can anyone help me.
    Last edited by bhubiz; 2008-11-23 at 09:37 PM.

for anybody having problems you need to use winscp (windows users)and do it the same way as older f.w 1.3 etc
    another tip if you still have the files from older f.w they still work on 2.2 cos thats whay i use
    i am on o2 payg with 7.50 bolt on everything works web wise anybody having problems let me know maybe able to help