Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: uk o2

Default uk o2
    hey guys,
    im going to buy an iphone soon in the uk but my dad thinks u have 2 go on contract 2 get the fone but i know that you can bypass the activation but does this mean that my contract hasnt started or will i get a bill from o2 evendoe i bypassed the activation?

As far as i'm aware the only restriction on buying an iphone is that you need to do it on credit card as this is their way of weeding the people out who cant enter a contract.

I have only jailbroken my iphone but i have a friend who used ZIphone to unlock and activate and has never entered into a contract.

It can be done but before selecting the method of unlocking i suggest doing some research into the effects of ZIphone, Independance, Iplus and the ilk.

Hope this helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to craigscott0 For This Useful Post:

ssj4goku (2008-03-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiggykilla's Avatar
    Thanks

if you already have a contract with any network in tha uk, you can buy the iphone on ebay if you have an ebay account...just like i did..get the phone brand new and jailbreak/unlock it and put your simcard in it. n.b o2 will not sell you just the iphone without an 18months contract so don't waste your time.
    Last edited by jiggykilla; 2008-03-19 at 08:11 PM. Reason: add more txt
    My Arrival Was Imminent!

Default O2 Uk
    Go to o2 or Carhone Warehouse and get a phone. They will tell you that you need to activaete when you get home on your pc.Just nod and agree.Get the phone take home and do a fake activation and jailbreak you phone...You wont have anyone looking for money from you unless you activate prpperly like o2 want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to markyboy1967 For This Useful Post:

ssj4goku (2008-03-31)

Thanks

get hold of an iphone from anywhere, brand new or used, no contract with o2, nothing, jailbreak/unlock it and it will accept ANY sim card.

pay as you go, contract, anything, and o2 will never know.

i jailbroke/unlocked my for orange, but due to the poor edge with orange i took it into an o2 shop and asked what they could offer and got 600 mins, 500 txts and unlimited internet for 25 a month, with the best edge reception network in the country. the guy laughed and was very helpful with the whole thing aswell.

the o2 contract is why so many naive people bash the iphone; "its way to expensive" bla bla bla, for the price you get it, with all the features it includes, its a bargain.

Im putting a Orange SIM in my iPhone and its asking for a SIM pin does anyone kno what the SIM Pin would be? i only have 2 tries left after i tried 1234... please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsdp View Post
    Im putting a Orange SIM in my iPhone and its asking for a SIM pin does anyone kno what the SIM Pin would be? i only have 2 tries left after i tried 1234... please help.
    surely thats just your pin code mate? you know, the same one you had on that sim in your last phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3 network to o2
    I am looking at moving from 3 network to O2 pay as you go in June.

How would I get on with the data usage. I have 3G now, but have to pay for what I use. How much would it cost me on O2 i.e 10/15 top up plus ? for data usage.

Would that be 3G speed on O2?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hi mate, if you buy an iphone on o2 on PAYG you will get free data for a year. i think it's a 7.50 "bolt on" per month after that.

if you already have the phone then you'll have to get an o2 sim and pay the 7.50/month straight off i think.

Thanks

Ye, I found that o2 are doing a simplicity sim only (no contract) you just give them 30 days notice and you can leve o2, you get 600 mins and 1000 texts + unlimited internet for 20. If you sign up to a 12 month contract you get 33% extra mins and texts. When my contratcs up I'll be doing that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1967 View Post
    Go to o2 or Carhone Warehouse and get a phone. They will tell you that you need to activaete when you get home on your pc.Just nod and agree.Get the phone take home and do a fake activation and jailbreak you phone...You wont have anyone looking for money from you unless you activate prpperly like o2 want.

Did you do this? When you get the phone from o2 or CPW they will make you sign an 18month contract in store, so wether u activate or not they WILL bill u. Buy it PAYG then u r free 2 do wot u want

unless markyboy is talkin about PAYG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Did you do this? When you get the phone from o2 or CPW they will make you sign an 18month contract in store, so wether u activate or not they WILL bill u. Buy it PAYG then u r free 2 do wot u want

unless markyboy is talkin about PAYG
    No, I already have a iphone, so will not need to do this. This is a very good deal from o2.