Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fido/Roger unlock,activation problem.

Default Fido/Roger unlock,activation problem.
    I have two iphone both have 1.1.4 I use ziphone 2.5c and letest version of iplus to unlock and activate. But my iphone is not dialing number it say call faiild, On fido sim it say "NO Service"
    Please some one help help I am stuck, I don't no what can i do next to fix this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    try ziphone, it worked perfectly 4 times for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used Ziphone 2.6 and my phone works fine with rogers.

From here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=746

"NOTE*: If you are in an unsupported country YOU MUST patch AppSupport after unlocking or your dialer will keep crashing as will your SMS:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=741"
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanB For This Useful Post:

dia_cer0 (2008-04-10)

Canada is not an unsupported country.
    I've unlocked 20 phones in Canada and never had to patch APP support.
    Do a full restore and pick one program to unlock your phone.
    What was the original operating version, on the iPhone ?

I used iplus2.0b on my 1.1.4otb. Appsupport patch and region format patch was listed in the sources menu. When I install appsupport patch and region format patch, is there anything else i have to do to get the callerid/dialer to work properly in Spain? I mean, do I just install it and it fixes it just like that? I'm asking this because I've seen tons of threads where people are modifying a template to get unsupported countries' dialer/caller id to work properly. Thanks.
    Last edited by dia_cer0; 2008-04-10 at 08:06 AM.

Thanks

try ziphone 3? worked for me and im on Rogers

Hey guys,

Thought I'd just bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

I just got an iPhone but I can't seem to get any service on the Fido network here in Canada. At one point I got 1 bar of service and the Fido word appeared but for the most part, the message No Service appears at the top left.

I have restored the phone several times to factory settings and unlocked it using the latest ZiPhone GUI and I also used iLiberty+ at one point. The phone itself can be used for everything except making calls.

Is something perhaps wrong with the phone itself (hardware) or is it the 1.1.4 firmware I'm using? I should also note that I have tried to downgrade to 1.1.3 and always got the error saying it could not restore my iPhone after downgrading to 1.1.3.

Any help would be appreciated. I also got the No Service error when I put in 2 of my friends' Rogers SIM cards.

Edit: It recognizes the SIM card itself. It shows me what my phone number is and I even imported my contacts to the phone. =\

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This happened to me aswell. I am on Fido and it wouldn't even recognize my SIM card. I did a full restore then unlocked/jailbroke/activated with iLiberty+, not Ziphone (although I have used it once and it did work) and now my phone works fine. Just try a restore again.

Thanks Jordaan but no luck. Still get the No Service message.

Do you guys think it might be my SIM card? I remember reading about this somewhere. My last phone was a 3G phone and my sim card has no issues on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't think that it's your sim...did you try to pick up the Rogers network? I"m on fido, with a regular old (i think i got this current sim 3 yrs ago lol) SIM and I use the rogers network (they own Fido) and have a stronger signal.

I am running 1.1.3 but i don't think that is the problem...when you go to settings, network what pops up?

EDIT: Oh and you said you got 1 bar of service (call failed..) and no service, what are you getting now? and are you in the GTA?

I just had the same problem with my 1.1.4 this morning. I was texting and 5 minutes later no signal of Fido, I ended up going home and doing a restore and all is back to normal once again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrcactus View Post
    I just had the same problem with my 1.1.4 this morning. I was texting and 5 minutes later no signal of Fido, I ended up going home and doing a restore and all is back to normal once again.
    i was just thinking about updating my firmware (currently on 1.1.3 with google maps via ziphone) and I'm glad I read your post. Will probably wait for 2.0 to be working before moving up. I have done enough restores lol....

Hey guys.

Turns out it was a hardware problem. It got fixed (inadvertently I might add) when a repair shop took the phone apart to run a diagnostics. When they put it back together, it worked fine. My phone was on a flight so it probably got bumped around too much and something got loose.

My advice to anyone who has this problem in the future is to check first and foremost if it is a software / firmware / unlocking issue. Exhaust all those methods. Once that's done and you've still go no problems, it's most likely a hardware issue.

Thanks to all who helped.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I have some great news for No Service 1.0.2 users...
    I had to post this, after the 60 hours I spent trying to unbrick my iphone.
    It came with 1.0.2 and all I had to do was throw my fido sim in it and voila!
    Summerboard and the installer where also already installed! After installing a million apps and summerboard themes, I got bored and upgraded to 1.1.1 and lost everything... That's when the 60 hours commenced... My Phone is now perfect with my fido SIM again.

So if you would like to know ANYTHING about an iphone with version 1.0.2... Feel free to contact me. (SSH, iBrickr, Putty, AppTapp, ZiPhone, Jailbreaking, Activating, Manual Installs, Baseband Downgrading, No AT&T Sim Activations etc etc etc...)

I searched so much on google to fix the problems, that if I type absolutely anything into the search about iPhone... they are allll already clicked/visited!
    Last edited by Philph; 2008-07-11 at 02:05 AM.

I am running the first gen phone in canada and it was working fine till I tried to download the 2.0 upgrade, I had to backtrack and restore to the 1.1.4 and now it will not recognize the EDGE server. I am with Rogers. When I got my phone in the mail (E'bay) it was unlocked, I slapped in the SIM and was ready to go, since this, it doesn't recognize EDGE. iTunes recognizes it. Based on the serial number it is a 4th week and likely running baseband 3.9. How can I get EDGE to show up?
    I unlocked it with ziPhone 3.0.

Thanks

yeah i have the same problem as above, now i get no signal no nothing, and i think its upgraded to the 2.0 baseband, whatever theyre using, so we'll have to wait most likely until someone releases a 2.0 unlock