Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Interesting potential issue with activating Iphone 4

Default Interesting potential issue with activating Iphone 4
    No this has nothing to do with the fact that you can expect Apple and ATT to have more traffic crashing issues on day one.
    So you have your new phone and it comes with a micro SIM. But your phone number is on the old SIM which does not fit in the Phone.
    How is ATT going to deal with this, will they pre-program the number in the new SIM. Unlikely, since you now have two SIMs with the same phone number.
    Will they ship the new SIM with a new number and require you to visit an ATT store to change the number. Workable but inconvenient.
    Will they build a new APP that allows you to swop the number online. Potential security risk.
    I have not seen any discussion on this topic. It has never happened with previous upgrades because you just swopped the SIM.
    Waiting to see solution.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YOu are required to call and activate your new phone when you get it. You will have the new sim with your phone and as soon as you verify the last few digits, they activate your new SIM. That's all I've ever had to do with my new iPhones.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

iTunes is the only way to activate your iPhone and SIM card. It's an iPhone.. just like the last 3 iPhones... calling AT&T doesn't activate anything... it's ALL iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I had to activate my phone with ATT. then iTunes. I guess there are different ways. Either way, you won't have a problem since you only need a SIM for your network info and not for contacts, etc.