Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using Blackberry Data Plan with iPhone (O2-UK)

Default Using Blackberry Data Plan with iPhone (O2-UK)
    Hi

I've been searching the net trying to find out if this is possible, and it looks like it is. Using a site called unlockit.co.nz you can change the APN settings to allow you to connect to data on your Blackberry plan.

I was wondering if anybody had done this on the O2 UK network and how well it has worked? Also, if not, is there any reason why it wouldnt work on this network?

Finally, is there any advantage to using the unlockit.co.nz site as oppose to just going into the settings on your iPhone and typing in the APN settings?

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi i am using orange uk with my blackberry data account in my 3g, and i keep checking and for the past 2 month i have never been charged for using data, granted most through wi-fi, but i hav used my network signal for data traffic

Quote Originally Posted by bigdarlodave View Post
    hi i am using orange uk with my blackberry data account in my 3g, and i keep checking and for the past 2 month i have never been charged for using data, granted most through wi-fi, but i hav used my network signal for data traffic
    Thanks for the reply, Dave. I'm getting my iPhone today so I'll be trying it out. According to O2s T&C I get unlimited use of the "wap.o2.uk" APN but I am charged for the "mobile.o2.uk" APN. Does anyone know the difference between these? According to someone at the O2 forums the WAP traffic is "zero rated" not sure what that means..

Thanks

Just an update for anyone wanting to do the same as me - it does work, after a month of quite heavy usage, I have zero data charges to my contract.

Any questions post here and I'll try to help.

Regards

So do's this work with the specific sim that you have. e,g UK vodefone, US T-Mobile etc?