Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Handset blocked from the Optus mobile network

Default Handset blocked from the Optus mobile network
    Hey all, just thought I might stick this in here aswell to see if anyone has the same problem with Optus. Im trying to diagnose the issue to see if its my network provider, or my iphone.

Anyway I have an iphone 3g running on 3.0 It is jailbroken and network unlocked. I believe the guy who unlocked it for me also spoofed me a new IMEI number, but I am not certain. I am in Australia and with the Optus network. The phone was originally locked to telstra.

The huge issue I am having is that the iphone works half the time, the other half, it doesn't.
    It will randomly stop working and whenever I make a call it redirects me to my service provider and gives me the message "This handset has been blocked from the optus mobile network..." However, the 3G and edge compatibilities still work, and still use download data off my sim.
    The only way to fix this is to take my sim card out, put it in another phone, make a phone call, then put the sim back into the iphone and it will work for another 5 hours or so, but then screw up again.

I will be VERY greatful if anyone can give me insight into why this is happening or help me fix it.

Thanks alot!

Thanks

Just use Telstra

yeah, you should post the same thread in EVERY forum here, you get a quicker answer that way
    Last edited by redcard; 2010-05-11 at 04:23 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just use Telstra

yeah, you should post the same thread in EVERY forum here, you get a quicker answer that way
    yeah, kinda realised i posted in the wrong thread.
    Cant delete it can you damn.

Mods delete plz